Thread: long sleeve shirt

Default long sleeve shirt

Requesting a little guidance on importing this image. What is the best way to import this into Designer 3 and manipulate to just the shirt outline vice the square box outline?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tuna-offshore-fishing-t-shirt-long-sleeve-lateral-line-fish-chaser-series-tshirts.jpg  

Use the Pattern Editor to remove the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails shirt.png  
    Last edited by bergerud; 11-11-2014 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Use the Pattern Editor to remove the background.

That was not the $199 answer I was looking for….ha. Seriously though, thank you. I am still trying to figure out what new capabilities each add-on on brings to the game. Sounds like a good Christmas present to myself…..lol.

Usually one could just lower the image when using image import into Designer but parts of the shirt are as low as the background and also get removed.

This image is perfect for a background fill, then removal in a photo editing software program.

Fill the background with any color (red for example). then save as a PNG and choose the option for transparency/choose color. Use the eye dropper tool to choose the red. Now when you save it, the red is transparent and no background to deal with when you import into Designer.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you may want to buy or download a photo editing program and start watching their tutorials. GIMP is a free photo editor you can download, but I use either PhotoImpact (old software) or PhotoShop.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by mtylerfl View Post

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then you may want to buy or download a photo editing program and start watching their tutorials.

Thanks so much, I shall be viewing tutorials this evening…..

Attempt #1……any recommendations? My goal is to be able to cut out to a size of about 6 inches tall.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here is a quick modeled shirt...if you had the pattern sculpter or something similar you sculpt folds...im too lazy. Sculptris is free
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled-1.jpg   Untitled-2.jpg   BPR_Render.jpg   BPR_Depth.jpg  

Attached Files Attached Files
    John

High Quality 3d Clip Art
    www.CarveMore.com

Quote Originally Posted by jpaluck View Post
    Here is a quick modeled shirt...if you had the pattern sculpter or something similar you sculpt folds...im too lazy. Sculptris is free
    Thanks for your help. This is unchartered water for sure but greatly appreciate your steering.