Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.119 is out!!!

Default 1.119 is out!!!

Just checked updates in Designer this morning and noticed 1.19 is out.

I am hoping that my broken home sensor is now a moot issue.

Gotta run and test out the new software
    Bill (Number Eight)

www.onlyonecross.com

Let Your Life Speak

Just fired it up in my compucarve-- which is missing 1/2 of the homing sensor.... It worked great. I'm back in business.

This is Awesome! They fixed my hardware problem with software. How absolutely delightful!

Except for the loose chuck. But that's another story.
    Bill (Number Eight)

www.onlyonecross.com

Let Your Life Speak

I'm curious why there hasn't been an official notice here on this Forum on this update? I also had to find out about the last (1.115) update the same way as this one ... somone here posted the information. I'm not one to pop into the Help/Update check to check, unless there is some indication that a new one is available. And for one, I never saw where 1.117 was just for Sears, or for all the CarveWright machines as well. Also perhaps an inclusion as to what the differences are that we should be aware of would be nice.

Bard ...??? Shouldn't this be an automatic entry into the CarveWright Sub-Forum as an official announcement?

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by BobHill View Post
    I'm curious why there hasn't been an official notice here on this Forum on this update? I also had to find out about the last (1.115) update the same way as this one ... somone here posted the information. I'm not one to pop into the Help/Update check to check, unless there is some indication that a new one is available. And for one, I never saw where 1.117 was just for Sears, or for all the CarveWright machines as well. Also perhaps an inclusion as to what the differences are that we should be aware of would be nice.

Bard ...??? Shouldn't this be an automatic entry into the CarveWright Sub-Forum as an official announcement?

Bob
    1.117 wasn't a full release. It was a firmware bug fix that could be downloaded, and then flashed (not using Designer), in order to try to resolve the find bit error. It made no other changes, according to Bard.

By not saying anything about 1.117, it established the question: do we or don't we? All updates should be posted when available AND have an itemized list of what it covers and if limited as to who should update it, then leave no question to anyone. That makes more sense than having it a mystery. Until the forum items brought it up, I had no idea that there was any difference between the CarveWright and the CompuCarve. And from some of the threads, there still is doubt as to what is available with Designer between the two. I'm still not clear as to what the Sears Software doesn't have that the CarveWright people like me do. Hard to give aid when there are unknown differences. But then, perhaps people like me are't supposed to give aid ?????

Bob

Default CompuCarve v. CarveWright

I think the official line is that the two are the same. Software wise, we are all now (or should be) running on the same software (v 1.119) which is downloaded straight from CarveWright and has the same features (in fact, I never even bothered to load up the Sears software, and instead just activated the software I downloaded from CarveWright). The exception to this, of course, are those of you good folks who are part of the beta test crew, which may have newer software or additional features that the rest of us, myself included, don't have.

Could be just a time issue, the home sensor people where feeding magic spells into the unit to get it to work. kinda like starting a steam engine
    once you know the dill not to bad..

I have a feeling if your unit had home a sensor error you would have known about the update in the works...

so what is the cut motor rpm setting all about??

Liq
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 03-03-2007 at 12:14 AM.

Hey Bobhill
    I think we knew all the personal attention we used to get was going to be gone once Sears came into this.
    1.187 Custom Woodworking for more than 40-years

I am a Beta, actually, Liq which is why I don't know what is different for use with Designer, so is someone wishes to know how to do a particular design with vector involved as well as raster, we shouldn't have to guess how to explain or direct the action.

Not a hard thing to have someone to do when obviously a decision is made to finalize and distribute an update to either the machine function or software for Designer and I would assume that people involved would speak of how to inform of the update .... that's an easy post, but it SHOULD be done. I doubt this is a Sears/LHR "thing".

Bob

Default Official notice....yes !

Hello Bob, I think everone one agree with you that an offiicial update notice would be the correct method when a new release is out,also a note for time to time on current improvments in the works but I think due to the overworked status of the company, the supply chain bottle neck, coupled with a several issues with the machine z- motor encoder and homing sensor and are probably being two of the biggest contributors to down time.I for one give a big thumbs up to the deletion of the homing sensor however it was released and Also a big Thank you ! from us here "the customer"
    Ben

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast