Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1.119 is out!!!

Default my reply

see attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was also running a project yesterday and the last function was to call for the 1/8" cutting bit. After I installed it, the machine started the bit find process but when it moved to the far side the touch plate would not come out far enough for the bit to touch it. I also had just installed the new update.

Software problem?

I am having the same problem with the touch plate. I was having some minor problems with it before I upgraded. Now I can't run a project because the trucks will not move far enough to the left. I am considering reloading version 1.115.

Someone earlier said the touch plate problem is related to a cover switch. I had it happen once, so now I always hold down the cover tight while it is processing a new bit.
    For premade quality patterns visit Vector Arts 3D.

"Belief has never been a prerequisite of truth." - me

I have not had a chance to run a project after updating to version 1.119, I'm not that great at creating graphics. I do have a little exercise I run the machine through though, I load a board and tell it to route all sides at zero (0) depth and I don't load a bit, just answer enter to each prompt. This causes the machine to go through all the steps of finding the board, homing, and bit length calculations multiple times and check both the y and z movement. I also run through the sensor checks afterwards and have it measure the board. So far no problems with anything and the only short comming is the the board length measurement is just a little shy 0.120 which I can live with.

I wish I had more time to get better at 3d graphics and play with the CW machine.

Cliff

Default Here we go again!!!

Just re did the oval graphic hoping that a square would do the trick and then I got a Assert Macro failed and also got a Y Axis stall and the carving Bit went all the way through this $23.00 red oak board. I am not a happy camper right now.
    The word Sarfan was carving and when it got to the first n the bit plunged through the board. I had to stop the machine!

Now What?

Default Not Happy

Now I just reflashe dthe card downloaded the same project and when I turn on the machine it immediatly gives me the ASSERT Macro failed.
    It appears I'm dead in the water.

RC:
    Who said "Which at that point any repair you make voids the warranty" if a CW Tech is walking you through any repair attempt?
    That would be good information to know in advance if valid.

RCWoodworks & Cliff - apparently you guys have not had any actual experience with the crew at CW. Once you talk to them, you will be surprised to find that they are real gems in the business world. Unlike most companies, CW will bend over backwards to make your machine work.

I suspect that they bit off a little more than they expected when they inked the deal with Sears - but in their defense, in spite of the obvious growing pains, they do stand behind their product.

Give them a call tomorrow, I can assure you that if the Tech talks you through a repair it won't void your warranty. Sorry to hear about the problems. I just updated to the new version and have not carved anything since the upgrade, I'm hoping mine works well. I can promise you that if I have problems I will stick with it until they get worked out. The CW is an amazing addition to my workshop. Good luck and don't give up too soon.
    Bill

As my Grandpa used to say "Suit yourself and let the rest be pleased!"

I like my CW and would buy it again, I for one don't have a problem working on things, I'm the type that would crash my computer for the experience of having to rebuild it.
    I was just wondering if the 'will void the warranty' was official, with out having to raise the bul*-shi* flag.
    I'm happy with my unit and the support I have received from CW and this Forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast