Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CNC question

At the woodworking show in Costa Mesa, CA a year ago my wife talked to a guy who just bought a Legacy (they were in the entry way), then found us over in the back corner and was sorry he moved too fast. Unless you are going to get into the 5 digit price range, there is nothing better for the money. And many of us have more than one (I have 2).
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Same same Clint and happy with my two CWs. I've even carved top and bottom halves of a larger sign running on the two machines simultaneously and they were a perfect match when brought together for glue-up. Thus far I just have not seen a personal need for a larger format machine given the start-up costs that would be involved. Good discussion and some valid points contributed Team.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

This forum is probably not a good place to ask for CNC comparisons. I suggest you disregard cost at first and find a machine and software that fits your needs. If it's too expensive then downsize to a less expensive system. Using this method will educate you on the pros, cons, and reliability of each system. Comparisons should not be based on cost alone.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 11-06-2014 at 10:43 AM.
    Steve

Agreed - choice should always be made dependent upon needs and requirements first. Budget is second (and sometimes a "rude awakening").
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12