Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Lever action Model 1874 rubber band rifle...

has anyone thought of making and selling the finished product? If you did would you sell it at?
    Experience is a doorway -- Not a final goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ropdoc View Post
    has anyone thought of making and selling the finished product? If you did would you sell it at?
    Ropdoc,
    Here is a quote from post #8 of this thread...
    "The gentleman that designed the plans for this did a lot of work and he chooses to give the plans away instead of charging for his time and intellect invested and he requests that they not be used for profit (plans or end product)."
    One of the stipulations of my giving out my converted version of the plans on this forum was that those that request them promise not to sell the plans or finished product for profit.
    That being said, with time, labor, material and machine costs I would sell it for no less than $150-$200.
    Here is a couple of pics of the finished project...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rifle 001.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	72740 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rifle 010.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	72741
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    sell the plans or finished product for profit.
    I agree with not selling the plans, and I agree not selling the carvewright or converted files. I do not agree with selling the finished product. That is a hand built item being sold by the builder. I purchased the materials, cut, shaped, sanded, glued and finished the item. I should be able to sell the item I built. It has no logo from any company. If this was the case that we could not sell the item that we built then there is a huge issue from all the plans shared for free on the internet or books that are given away from free.

Please explain in detail how it is we are not able to sell something we built.

If the free plans from books/internet come with no stipulations or requests not to sell them or the end product, then there is no issue. I am simply adhering to the wishes of the gentleman whose intellectual property is used to make the project. As a mater of fact there are two intellectual properties involved; mine for the MPC's and the aforementioned gentleman's plans. I do not wish to argue philosophy with you, so if you do not wish to comply with our requests/stipulations, go ahead and do what you will as, I am sure, others will also. I hope you enjoy the fruits of someone else's intellectual labor.
    George

George,

The finished gun you made looks great. Hope mine looks that good when done. I have four to make for Christmas presents.

Thank you for your time

Quote Originally Posted by Geomoo1 View Post
    Ropdoc,
    Here is a quote from post #8 of this thread...
    "The gentleman that designed the plans for this did a lot of work and he chooses to give the plans away instead of charging for his time and intellect invested and he requests that they not be used for profit (plans or end product)."
    One of the stipulations of my giving out my converted version of the plans on this forum was that those that request them promise not to sell the plans or finished product for profit.
    That being said, with time, labor, material and machine costs I would sell it for no less than $150-$200.
    Here is a couple of pics of the finished project...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rifle 001.JPG 
Views:	142 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	72740 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rifle 010.JPG 
Views:	152 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	72741

Even at that price there isn't much or any "profit".
    You will be basically selling it at cost.

Brent
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Quote Originally Posted by blhutchens View Post
    Even at that price there isn't much or any "profit".
    You will be basically selling it at cost.

Brent
    You are correct, Brent. That would be the minimum I would even consider. I doubt any one would be willing to pay that or more for a toy. I am not planning on selling any way.
    George

Thx again George ....
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Kevin,
    You are more than welcome. I hope that those who build this project have tons of fun and satisfaction. It was my pleasure to offer it to you as well as a learning experience for me. I learned a lot about Designer while converting the plans. I was also impressed with the number of you that requested the plans. Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!
    George

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast