Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lever action Model 1874 rubber band rifle...

Default Lever action Model 1874 rubber band rifle...

A few weeks ago I received an email with a link to a Youtube video tutorial on a lever action Model 1874 rubber band rifle. HERE is the link to the video. There is also a free download for the plans in PDF format. I was thoroughly impressed and thought it would be a fun project. I built one using a band saw and scroll saw. I then figured; Hey! Why not use the CarveWright to carve out the pieces? It took quite a while using the Import Trace Image function to make the pattern’s from the plans.

I used the snapshot function in Adobe Reader to copy each PDF page to the clipboard and imported them into Paint.net to rotate the pages counter clock wise. I then copied and pasted the rotated page into designer as a trace image. When I imported the image into designer I made the board the same size as a piece of A4 paper (8.3”W x 11.7”H) to insure keeping the correct size of the parts. I then traced the parts on the board, selected all and created another board the correct size (A4) and thickness for the plywood I was using, then copy and pasted to the new board. I then set a cut path for each piece and drilled the correct size holes where needed.
    It did indeed turn out to be a very fun project. Even more so now that it is faster and way more accurate to cut the pieces on the CarveWright. It makes for a lot less sanding when the pieces fit better. It isn't finished yet. I will post a pic when it is finished.

This is going to make a perfect Christmas present for my great, great, grandson.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.JPG 
Views:	181 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	72530Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	72531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	72532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	72533
    George

Wow, very cool. I would be interested in those patterns when you finish.

Dave

I'm really impressed with the time and effort that went into converting the project to a CW pattern(s). It looks like a fun project and there will be a lot of people wanting to try carving it if you make the pattern available..... me included.

4. Default

That's the part that really puts me in a tizzy, trying to put a paper pattern into a CW pattern. Love those who can do it you are blessed.

Unbelievable, great pattern... the kids will love it. I have twin nephews that would love to own such a nice firearm. When's the pattern going to be
    available? Count me in.

Awesome! I look forward to the finished product! Count me in as well, my nephews would go crazy for something like that.
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

Very Impressive....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks for the nice replies.
    I am sort of reluctant to post the mpc's for this. The gentleman that designed the plans for this did a lot of work and he chooses to give the plans away instead of charging for his time and intellect invested and he requests that they not be used for profit (plans or end product). It would be a travesty if some one used them to make money against his wishes. It would irk me to no end if I posted the mpc for this project and somebody placed them for sale on e-bay or elsewhere. However, with that being said, I would consider sending them via email to those who would PM me with their email and a solemn promise to not use the end product or the plans for profit. There are only 12 mpc's relating to pages 20-32 from the PDF assembly drawings you will need to download from the Youtube site. It wouldn't hurt to download the two instructional videos also. They certainly make it easier to assemble.
    George

You could ask him. Maybe he would be happy to see others make it. He may just require that you give him credit and post his usage message with the files.

Nice showed my grandson. Lol 13 years old he says it coooool. lol Nice plans.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast