Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: compatibility with 2D &3D Design Suites

Default compatibility with 2D &3D Design Suites

Is there any way a design can be imported into 2D, traced, then shaped with 3D and then enhanced with Pattern Sculptor?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Start with the "import image for tracing", after tracing you can then use the 3D tools to build up the areas you want. When you feel you have it then do the group to make the pattern. After you have the pattern made you can then take it into Sculptor or the Pattern Editor to work with.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

How about if Sculptor is stand alone? I am running 2.07.
    Clint

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    How about if Sculptor is stand alone? I am running 2.07.
    Clint
    Then its a $200 pattern.

Because you have to upgrade to 3.0

No. Not if you have STL importer.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Connie, is that no it is not a $200 pattern and I can use Sculptor to touch up patterns I create in 2.07 designer, or no I can't import my patterns into sculptor?
    Clint

It really shouldn't be this difficult. It's silly that every time a tool is upgraded or released a new non backwards compatible file format is created.

If you have 3, sculptor will work as an integrated part of the software. If you don't have 3 then you need STL Importer and use sculptor as a stand alone.

The "hooks" were written in our current version (3). We will not go back and write new software in our old format. We have said this for a year and a half!

A pattern made with sculptor is backwards compatible for versions 1, 2 or 3, Mr Miller.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    A pattern made with sculptor is backwards compatible for versions 1, 2 or 3, Mr Miller.
    Not true because you cannot make a pattern (ptn) with sculptor so its is not backwards compatible with out stl importer. Also What clint is asking is can he make a pattern in 2.0 and then take it into sculptor and improve or work on it. I wonder the answer as well since I don't know if you can export to stl from 2.0 or pattern editor (if you have pattern editor). So I do not think clints question has still been answered. Finally because LHR says they wont make new stuff backwards compatible does not really mean (as least to many of us customers) that it is a good idea or one that we think is fair.

MPC files are not backward comp. But PTN files are. Problem is after 2 came out and 2d/3d most patterns posted are now MPC's. Before that most were PTN. Thus anyone on 1.187 can not open the MPC files.
    As for Clint, he would have to export using PE into an STL to bring it into sculptor, then export from sculptor to stl to then read it again in designer 2.0. Sculptor would be strictly a stand alone program for him.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast