Thread: Import without the fuzz

Default Import without the fuzz

I am trying to import the circled cross but when I do it looks very fuzzy. I only have designer 3 so curious if there is anything I can do within designer 3 to clean up and if not what program do I need to look into purchasing to do so?

Thanks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	72480

I cleaned it up with a photo editing program Paint.net is a good one. Plus enlarged it and gray scaled. Try importing this one. I then saved it as a PNG format (no noise from compressing like JPG files)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rg church.png  
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

I went ahead and made a pattern for you. Attached is the MPC and PTN. If you use the PTN please add medium draft or the text will most likely chip when carving. Plus the larger you carve this the better the text will be (less chance of chipping)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rg church-ptn.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by AlBCuttnWud View Post
    I am trying to import the circled cross but when I do it looks very fuzzy. I only have designer 3 so curious if there is anything I can do within designer 3 to clean up and if not what program do I need to look into purchasing to do so?

Thanks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unknown.jpeg 
Views:	26 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	72480
    Your image is very small and in a JPEG format. Making it larger - makes it FUZZY. Will this work?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ROG BC_DISP-cw.PNG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer Version 1.187
    Donations are always welcomed, thanks – send a check to my PO Box 652

BJB
    PO Box 652
    Yellville,AR 72687-0652

PM me for my e-mail address.

Quote Originally Posted by eelamb View Post
    I went ahead and made a pattern for you. Attached is the MPC and PTN. If you use the PTN please add medium draft or the text will most likely chip when carving. Plus the larger you carve this the better the text will be (less chance of chipping)

Thanks so much. I think this will work out perfectly. I'll file this under tricks of the trade…..ha. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by bjbethke View Post
    Your image is very small and in a JPEG format. Making it larger - makes it FUZZY. Will this work?

Makes sense….I probably should have tried to get a better resolution from the start to get the better quality. Thanks so much for your help, looks like I'll be giving this one a try after work this evening…