Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
I have never had a problem with bits being too short. The ER11M adapter adds another 1/2" below the CT and so, even though some bits are shorter, it is not a problem. The ER11M just makes it to the board so even the shortest bits work.

What I would recommend, is two flute bits. They give more chip clearance and only give the "shrill" when they are dull. Three and four flute bits seem to shrill all the time. I believe this is because each cutting edge is not given enough wood to cut and the cutting edges alternate between rubbing and cutting.

It is hard to recommend a supplier. They are moving targets. By the time I use all 10 of the bits I bought, the product or supplier may have changed. For the 1/8" cutting bits, I buy ones with around 1/2" , 3/4", and 1" length of cuts (LOC).

Another thing that one can do with the ER11M, is use bits with 6 mm shanks. There are many carving bits from China with 6 mm shanks.
I believe the 6mm adaptor is not included in the kit. Will the 1/4 inch adaptor work with 6mm? I see you specifically say ER11M, I take it the M is for metric. is that available separately?

I get that no bit is too short, that's great. Any chance of buying bits that are too long?

Sorry to be such a pest with details. I just would like to be safe and not get stuff that won't work

BTW, I'm already convinced and have ordered the adaptor in eBay.

Thanks a lot.

...Peter