Thread: 4 Years to Complete

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 4 Years to Complete

I did have to take a year off for a job I was needed at. You know, retired so you think. Anyway been a VERY SLOW project between all the other projects. Finished the headboard today. Did the Armoire first which is over 6' tall, then the dresser, finally the headboard. Thanks to those that provided the patterns and Mrs. Sharon for showing what paint can do to a project and I ain't no painter All is out of Red Oak and each piece weighed somewhere around a ton. Basement shop, out the small garage door, around the house, up the steep hill, and into the house. Did I mention steep hill? After sanding the finish is Lawrence McFadden Natural Oak Gel Stain. CarveWright did one heck of a job. Great Going LHR! And the forum that kept me going and did not give up on the machine when I first got it and had to learn the curve for this particular machine. That is a king size bed in the room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dresser Project 2012 008.JPG   Dresser Project 2012 007.JPG   Armoire.jpg   Armoire (2).jpg  

014.JPG   016.JPG