Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Years to Complete

Default 4 Years to Complete

I did have to take a year off for a job I was needed at. You know, retired so you think. Anyway been a VERY SLOW project between all the other projects. Finished the headboard today. Did the Armoire first which is over 6' tall, then the dresser, finally the headboard. Thanks to those that provided the patterns and Mrs. Sharon for showing what paint can do to a project and I ain't no painter All is out of Red Oak and each piece weighed somewhere around a ton. Basement shop, out the small garage door, around the house, up the steep hill, and into the house. Did I mention steep hill? After sanding the finish is Lawrence McFadden Natural Oak Gel Stain. CarveWright did one heck of a job. Great Going LHR! And the forum that kept me going and did not give up on the machine when I first got it and had to learn the curve for this particular machine. That is a king size bed in the room.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dresser Project 2012 008.JPG   Dresser Project 2012 007.JPG   Armoire.jpg   Armoire (2).jpg  

014.JPG   016.JPG  

Totally AWESOME, Smoken D!!! Great job on the painting. Family heirlooms for sure. You raised the bar for the rest of us no this one.
    George

Totally AWESOME lot of work there WOW
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Smoken D, fantastic work, plus your abilities with wood is outstanding in building these items.
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Outstanding job! A true labor of love and your LOL should be very happy!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Very Impressive....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Very Very Cool .. I've been planning a bedroom set for years now !!! Ha , can't get it outta the planning stage ... But it is somewhere on my bucket list ... Again Nice work ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Be....utifull ! Wow, great job ! Sticking with a project for that long...hats off to you !

Totally unreal, what will you do for an Encore? Everything from the design, the finish, to the craftmanship of the piece is top of the line.
    Be proud and enjoy.
    Rick H

I remember when you started this project and I was amazed at what you had accomplished. But that headboard really sets the whole bedroom set off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast