Thread: Isabella Cradle

Default Isabella Cradle

It's been a few weeks since my last post. I seem to either have no time or nothing to share. The attached photos are of a cradle I completed today using the Carvewright. I would like to mention that I used many of the tips and tricks found on this forum made by to many to mention. I thank all of you. I did buy some of the patterns as well as downloaded some of the patterns posted by members. Once again I thank you. This is one of two I will build this year. It is for my granddaughter who should be arriving any day now. I also have a grand niece arriving sometime in December. I learned a lot of lessons with this project. The wood is Sapele in case you were wondering. I did the whole thing in pine first, in order to get the size, text and carving the way I wanted. The finish is shellac. I don't have a problem posting the pattern if any one wants them. It is nothing special. But creating them and then making the cradle drove me to really focus on style, measurements and joinery. Feel free to comment. The first one always has a few challenges.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2721.JPG   IMG_2723.JPG   IMG_2725.JPG   IMG_2726.JPG  

IMG_2730.JPG   IMG_2722.JPG   IMG_2729.JPG  
    Roy Fleshman
    Professional Sawdust Maker
    www.woodfleshcom

Great job, it's always nice to see someone making a new family heirloom to be past down from generation to generation.
    Congrats on a great accomplishment and the arrival of your granddaughter.

WoW! That came out fantastic! A very beautiful job and lovely sayings.

Beautiful heirloom, awesome to have those things spoken over a child every time someone sees it!!!!!!
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

5. Default

Iam always amazed at the fine workmanship out there, I am reminded how little I know and how far I have to go. Great job. I'd like to try that myself.

Roy, that is beautiful.........very nice work!

That is beautiful and something every parent would love to have for their child. You did an outstanding job selecting the wood, carving, and finishing.
    Tracy

World's largest supplier of custom carved firewood.

Beautiful piece of craftsmanship. The carvings really make it personal.

Beautiful, Roy! Job well done.
    George