Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pattern Sculptor

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    when I got the email today I knew what the price would be.

LOL, I thought exactly the same thing when I saw the email too.

dave

Makes it easier for us to remember....
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

If we have current designer will sculptor import STL or do you need to also have the STL import software addon also for that function to work?

To import an .stl file into Sculptor, you do not need Designer's STL Importer. You would then select Export to PTR for opening in Designer 3.101.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I have been looking into that will help me work with fairly large STL's some which are over 650,000 KB. The STL importer gives me a GUI error and shuts down every time I try to open one that large. Will Pattern Sculptor handle large files like this?

Thank You
    Ambrose Stapleton

Yes, Sculptor can handle very large STL files. The demo is free to download and try. http://www.carvewright.com/pattern-s...tern-sculptor/

I down loaded it but couldn't import anything I guess ill have to read the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by kcc2012 View Post
    I down loaded it but couldn't import anything I guess ill have to read the manual.
    Click on the file menu (1st pic), and select "Load". Navigate to the file on your computer, select it, and click on "Open". Then, click on the green "Accept" button (2nd pic) and then click on the "Accept" button on the left (3rd pic)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails File Menu.png   First Accept.png   Second Accept.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 10-16-2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    Is this not similar to 3 D I just bought . Do I have to have the dxf importer also. This machine is getting more expensive all the time. Wish I waited a little longer on the 3D software I just bought. Wow.
    Not much concern for their customers,,, They sold me 2.0 two weeks before they released 3.0 !!!! Instead of saying, Hey wait 2 weeks, we have something you may be interested instead,, would-a been easy since I did it on the phone,, and I would-a been a happy customer ... But no... Then they think I'm a happy Customer ?? Now this nice piece of software ... And guess what,,, You can only use it with 3.XX .. Instead of just updating pattern editor to this level,,,, Nope .... So 2.0 is the last piece of software I will ever buy from them ... Fun machine ,, nice community of people here on the forum and then LHR that just wants to take every penny outta your pocket ... I didn't mind paying for updates and upgrade software every once in a while and planned to keep upgrading until I had all the softwares .. But that 2.0 deal left a really bad taste in my mouth,, so I'll just work with 2.0, Centerline and Conforming vectors ... This would-a jumped to the top of my list if I didn't have this taste lingering ..
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

10. Default

Of all the add ons besides centerline text this looks like the first that I want to buy versus have to buy for a paying customer project. But once again you cant just buy this. In order to get your work into designer you have to either buy stl importer or designer 3.0 . This makes no sense, here is a carvewright product that is of no use by itself. Why was exporting as a PTN not an option? This seems like a no brainer, unless the idea is to force you to make an additional purchase. It just seems like LHR is trying to bleed existing owners dry. I just cannot afford like some to just buy everything LHR puts out with no questions asked. I also have to agree that this seems like an upgrade to pattern editor rather than a completely new product. I know some think all I do is complain about LHR but not being able to use this program without buying something else seems like a bad decision.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast