Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Pattern Sculptor

1. Default

Ok Im through arguing so this is my last post on this subject. How can you use pattern sculptor if you have designer 1.87 or 2.0 and do not have STL importer? Sure you can make a pattern but then what do you do with it? How do you carve it? Note, no caps, bold or yelling of any sort.

Sorry Floyd but I have to agree with Hal. Pattern Sculptor outputs .stl .obj, and .ptr. The STL importer is needed to use the .stl and Designer 3 is needed for the .ptr. Without either the STL importer or Designer 3, I cannot see how one could use a Sculptor edited pattern with the CW.

Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    Ok Im through arguing so this is my last post on this subject. How can you use pattern sculptor if you have designer 1.87 or 2.0 and do not have STL importer? Sure you can make a pattern but then what do you do with it? How do you carve it? Note, no caps, bold or yelling of any sort.
    The caps and bold type were just pointing out what part of your statement that I felt was maybe incorrect.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

I have 2.07 and STL importer + the scanning probe. Can Pattern Sculptor download scans or import .MPW files?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Yes, Sculptor can download scans and No it cannot open MPW files.

Quote Originally Posted by cestout View Post
    I have 2.07 and STL importer + the scanning probe. Can Pattern Sculptor download scans or import .MPW files?
    Clint
    You download a scan just like you always have through File > Download Scan, but you can edit it in Sculptor or Pattern Editor. Both have their own different features and capabilities. Despite the claim by those on here, is it NOT an upgrade to Pattern Editor.

Edsingletary said he had just bought the 3d Pattern Modeling and wished he had waited. I said it was not a replacement for 3d, it was closer in function to the Pattern Editor.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

7. Default

I'm still holding out for the price to go to 99.00 for Christmas Special sale. I think it will. If not I don't need it. To much money for a retired Marine . Hey there you go Connie, veterans discount. That would work, a nice gesture.

Why couldn't LHR just let sculpture make PTN files instead of a hole new class " PTR " if thats not trying to force folks to buy additional sodtware to use one upgrade to PE then I don't know what is.
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Quote Originally Posted by ktjwilliams View Post
    Why couldn't LHR just let sculpture make PTN files instead of a hole new class " PTR " if thats not trying to force folks to buy additional sodtware to use one upgrade to PE then I don't know what is.
    I asked this question. There is information in a .ptn that can only be put there through Designer, such as creator information, licensing, etc. PTR is a "raw" graphic format.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Right, the PTR file format is NOT copy-protected! Meaning, you can share your PTR files with others who own Sculptor and they can perform any edits they wish. This is a great feature.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast