Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help - Cut Motor Problem

You do not have to take the motor out. The "lamp cord" could be hooked up to the motor while it is in. One could even hook up to the plug off of the x termination board and also be testing the cover switch. (If you have not played around with lamp cords and line voltage before, you may not want to do this!)

2. Smile

Well, I took one of my old machines and modified it this evening. I guess sometimes one has to think outside of the box, so I just ran a separate power supply to the motor and I was able to carve a sign. I know the motor run at a constant speed, but until someone has a better answer than $303.00 plus shipping for a controller, which may not solve the problem I will run it like this. Looking forward to someone with the fix that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg! Pictures attached of the slight modification... I wonder if this voids the warranty! LMAO.... If someone has a controller that works and would like to off load at a reasonable price P.M. me. Thanks and have a good evening! Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_7994.JPG   IMG_7995.JPG  

Default Help - Cut Motor Problem

$203 with rebate on controller. Sorry not reading all of thread. Your extermination board is in the picture (not controller). Much less to replace if that is the issue.
    Last edited by lynnfrwd; 11-25-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    $203 with rebate on controller. Sorry not reading all of thread. Your extermination board is in the picture (not controller). Much less to replace if that is the issue.
    I have ruled out the extermination board, because a friend of mine came over two days ago with the extermination board from his "A" series carver and I got the same thing... Everything but the motor running. He re-installed the extermination back on his machine and it carved just fine this evening. He offered his controller to test, but I just don't feel comfortable about that. Mike

I would swap the controller... at least for the test.... The calibration will be off but the machine will function.... I got a black rectangles of death from my controller last summer. I swapped out a controller that I got on eBay on 2008 and all is well... Did not even mess with the calibration data...

Just my 2 cents...

That will half split this even further... Could be a bad cable from controller to X Termination Board. In my case the controller was full of dust and overheated.

Your problem could be a $3.00 cable not a controller.... I would re seat the computer cables too..

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 11-25-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

6. Default

I sent a controller Fedex to carvewright two days ago, so once they receive the controller I will shell out the 203.00 for a new controller, but I must say I've been talking with several very unhappy carvewright customers in the last week and several of them experienced having to buy several parts before fixing the issue/problem and or gave up all together after spending more than the machine was worth to fix. I hope my experience is different!

Quote Originally Posted by manddrakes View Post
    I sent a controller Fedex to carvewright two days ago, so once they receive the controller I will shell out the 203.00 for a new controller, but I must say I've been talking with several very unhappy carvewright customers in the last week and several of them experienced having to buy several parts before fixing the issue/problem and or gave up all together after spending more than the machine was worth to fix. I hope my experience is different!
    If it's not the cut motor, cover switches, or the x-termination board then it is more than likely either the controller or the power supply. If your friend was willing to loan you his x-termination board then, he should be willing to loan you his power supply. They are a lot less expensive and I would eliminate that first before buying a controller.
    Steve

I would use a volt meter to determine whether the line voltage was getting to the x termination board.

If it is and the x termination board is ok, then computer control is the problem.

If the line voltage is not getting to the x termination board, the problem may be traceable. The line voltage must just "pass through" the power supply and so it could be something like a bad connection, broken wire, or a bad solder.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12