Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lithopane in corian by a newbie

That is what everyone is calling the "WOW" factor with a lithophane. Which allows light to pass through turning a negative carving into a positive picture. Hence the difference in height causes different levels of light to pass through the corian material. Hope that helps. Not sure if the wording is correct aspect, but it does work.

Quote Originally Posted by Canemaker View Post
    Fist off, It would be very simple to go down to any Fire station in your town and take a close up picture of their emblem off of a fire truck for instance.
    Then load into Designer... 1st problem solved.

Second don't waste your time using optimum setting... use normal...

I use normal on all my litho whether I use 1/4" or 1/2" and they seem to turn of well. Remember that depth is highly important and this is something you need to experiment with to get the ideal look. On some objects the 1/2 gives better depth of field. Attached is a litho carved into 1/2 corian.
    Attachment 72187Attachment 72186
    Hope this helps.
    Great job!!! I just got my hands on some corain 1/2" and am ready to try my hand at lithographs. Did you carve the Corain down to 1/4" in the images attached or was it just feathered at 1/4"? Thanks you for any info you can give. Again great job!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12