Thread: Pattern Sculptor

Default Pattern Sculptor

I used my scan probe for the first time today. When I tried to download it I got a message that stated "Pattern Sculptor appears to be installed, however it failed to launch." Any ideas what might be going on? BTW, I just upgraded Designer 3.0 to 3.1 yesterday.

Pattern Sculptor is a new program to be released soon. Were you able to download the scan to the pattern editor?

I am a beta tester and I have a beta version of Sculptor installed. I uninstalled it and now I get the same error you got. Even if I try and download a scan from inside the PE, I get the same error. I think you may have to go back to Designer 3.0. It looks like you discovered a bug, at the worst time, on a Friday night.

Did you flash the card with the 3.100 firmware?

I did flash the card to the 3.1 firmware. I'll see if I can go back to 3.0 Designer. thanks for the help and I'll let you know if it works.

I opened up Designer 3.0 and the scan downloaded correctly even though the card is flashed with the newest firmware. It must be a problem with D 3.0.

Yesterday, I installed the 3.1 release of Designer and today I received my pattern editor license which I immediately installed. When I double clicked on one of my patterns I got "Error: Pattern Sculptor seems to be installed, however, it failed to launch." I called support and after a few minutes of them trying some things they said that they are getting the same error. I was told to right click on the pattern and select Open in Pattern Editor as a work around until they address this issue.

Do you see "Open in Pattern Sculptor" in the drop down menu when you right click on a pattern in your favorites?

When I right click on a pattern, I see 5 options: Delete, Rename, Export, Open in Pattern Editor, Open in Pattern Sculptor.

Reid

Thank you. I have the same after uninstalling the Sculptor but I could not be sure it was not just "left behind" after the uninstall.

I think you should just stay with 3.000 until this gets fixed.

Edit: Sorry I meant for rflournoy with the scans to stay with 3.000.
    Last edited by bergerud; 10-10-2014 at 10:32 PM.