Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cribbage Peg Storage

Great ideas from everyone. Thanks for sharing your unique solutions with all of us.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

2. Default

Cool, can you give a little more detail on the drawer, chkorte?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    Cool, can you give a little more detail on the drawer, chkorte?
    l

Regretfully I don't have any other pictures of the drawer. If I were to try to explain it in writing I think it would be very very long and sound very complicated. I will be happy to try to explain it if you really want me to but it will take me a day or so to write it.

WOW... I really like the round idea... I could do it out of FRP plastic like I do the nametags and print stuff on it... I plan to market Cribbage Boards to Navy Ships this winter... as part of my marketing plan for RetiredNavyChief.com.

I would offer printing services to CW users when requested. I can do full color, pictures, logo, text.

Love the folding board too, that would work well for me too.

AL
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-12-2014 at 11:32 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Do you guys really sell a lot of cribbage boards? I have made a few and have them at my show booth, some don't even know what it is but the ones that do don't really seem interested. Maybe they just don't like mine, idk but just seems there isn't that much interest. Just curious if i'm missing out on a big seller.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

I find that if I make them with sports logos it doesn't matter if customers haven't even heard of cribbage as the cribbage holes are a nice decoration around your favorite sports team logo. I put a key hanger slot in all of them so they hang nicely on the wall. I currently do Packers, Brewers, Vikings, and Badgers. Obviously I'm from Wisconsin.

Quote Originally Posted by caklmk View Post
    I find that if I make them with sports logos it doesn't matter if customers haven't even heard of cribbage as the cribbage holes are a nice decoration around your favorite sports team logo. I put a key hanger slot in all of them so they hang nicely on the wall. I currently do Packers, Brewers, Vikings, and Badgers. Obviously I'm from Wisconsin.
    Just be careful doing that. The pro teams, not that big a deal because they make it impossible for small crafters to get a license. I tried with the NFL to get permission or a license to use the Chiefs and it's just not possible, so obviously they don't care that much about small quantity use.

College is a different story. I know there are many threads about this, but if you are going to do colleges, get a license. It's not that hard, either the school does it or LRG (Licensing Resource Group) does... $100 per school and some paperwork. Do that or take the chance they show up at your booth on a random check, confiscate your stuff and possibly sue. It happens more than you think, especially up north I'm told. Just friendly advice. If you need help, I would be happy to assist anyone that asks.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Harley is another big one.... many years ago I know a guy in Philly that lost his vinyl shop. They came in with sledge hammers and a dumpster... The court gave Harley the business as He was making 15 foot trailer banners that were seen at a show where the Harley guys only made a 12 foot version.

Ever look at all the "bots" that are watching what we post? In quick links click on "Who is on line?".... Ever wonder who all the "Guests" are? All 163....?

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10 and 163.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-13-2014 at 10:00 AM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

9. Default

I also sell some sports items and take the chance although I always only display one or two of an item and then if someone asks for a specific team I pull that one out or take an order. At a large flea market one time the reps from movie studios and NFL reps were going booth to booth and confiscating items with the police. A police report was made and charges were filed on those with a lot of items. I am not sure what the cut off point was on whether you got charged or not. I escaped detection. If you do small craft shows, churches and such they don't bother you but the big flea markets in large metropolitan areas are hit up. Ebay and Etsy are constantly checked on a daily basis and you will be banned from selling for life. There are numerous reports of people reselling legitimate items getting banned and having to fight to get their ability to sell back.

I have seen loads of stuff on Etsy that are not licensed, college stuff specifically. I only post what i'm licensed for and make sure I put in the listing that I am. I often think about asking the other sellers if they are. It's not cheap, hell I paid almost $50 for the roll of stickers to put on the items, but it really makes you feel like you did something to get that license.

I went to a major craft show last month and found plenty of stuff with no stickers. I emailed the organizers about it. One guy I spoke with was licensed for over 40 schools. he said many schools will send reps to the bigger shows to check. For me, it's not worth the risk.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Visit www.kansaswood.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast