Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Routing

1. Default

Wow. I've never seen one off that much. And the head still went up and down?

NOT when I talked to him... Just click, click, click...
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

3. Default

Yeah, sorry I didn't read enough.

I have also seen the threads stripped on the right side lead screw nut.

For reference to level the head see: http://www.carvewright.com/assets/se...level_head.pdf

I think I am going to have to place a call to Carvewright tomorrow. It could be me, but I think that when a machine is less than a month old, 23 hours of use on it, and the answer is for me to take the machine apart and possibly replace gears with stripped teeth or threads stripped on a lead screw nut doesn't sit well with me. I don't mind paying more for a premium product (which I believe the Carvewright is, I have been happy with the things I have been able to finish with it), but I do have minimal expectations. One of those expectations is that I don't have to take it apart and replace parts when I have followed the manual in the set up and maintenance.

I'm the type of person that will definitely let my dissatisfaction be known, but I also am quick to provide praise when it is due. Chris from Carvewright spent about 45 minutes on the phone with me, talking this non-mechanically minded individual into getting my system to where it is supposed to be. He was patient, nice, definitely knew what he was talking about and from initial testing it appears I am up and running without having to deal with the hassle of shipping my machine back to Carvewright. Customer support the way it was meant to be, not having my call routed to a foreign country where they try to sell you something else and walked me through step by step in a way I could understand. Definitely will be recommending Carvewright to others. Glad I went with this CNC machine.

Good job, Chris and artyler!!
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I was also wondering what the fix was. (I was left to assume it was a loose lower shaft and a gear slip since it was fixed without requiring parts.)

Removed both sides of the machine... loosened nut holding gear in place on control panel side... Cranked it up and down a couple of times... something like that. I just did what he told me and don't remember it all. Sorry, don't know if that is much help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12