Thread: Power SUpply or Controller?

Default Power SUpply or Controller?

Having a problem I have not encounter before.

I am carving a military rank plaque with keyholes on the back. Load the back keyholes cut just fine, flip the board and start carving the plaque.

About 4-5 percent into the carving I get an error message to reformat the card and reload the project.
    I have reformatted the card and reloaded the project and the same error occurs.

I changed cards - same error

I even actually even started all over with project saved to a different file name and get the same error.

I think I have the problem lies in one of 2 areas - either the Power supply or the controller.
    C model machine 28 hours

No issues with my other C model machines. Just this one.

I would pull the controller out and pop the cover looking for sawdust inside the controller...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg   DSC02624_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Did you eliminate the mpc from the equation by carving it on another machine?

4. Default

There is a very low chance that this is the same as your issue, however, I had a similar problem that seemed to result from using a card formated for version 2+ and a project done in version 1.186.

The card also went belly up a few days later so I can't say for sure which caused the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bergerud View Post
    Did you eliminate the mpc from the equation by carving it on another machine?
    Yes - carved it on my other machine to complete the project

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I would pull the controller out and pop the cover looking for sawdust inside the controller...

AL
    Will do Al, and will see what comes about.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryT View Post
    There is a very low chance that this is the same as your issue, however, I had a similar problem that seemed to result from using a card formated for version 2+ and a project done in version 1.186.

The card also went belly up a few days later so I can't say for sure which caused the problem.
    Interesting - I will see if that may be the problem. I use Version 2 and 1.187