Thread: Help with long board

Default Help with long board

I am attempting to carve my first long board. I'm using two outfeed stands to help support the weight. The problems is I get a check tracking roller error almost at the same spot everytime no matter how I load the board. It then starts measuring again and I get a clear board sensor error, followed by check board and then it won't continue. The board is 9" wide by 6' long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shane

Quote Originally Posted by atldal View Post
    I am attempting to carve my first long board. I'm using two outfeed stands to help support the weight. The problems is I get a check tracking roller error almost at the same spot everytime no matter how I load the board. It then starts measuring again and I get a clear board sensor error, followed by check board and then it won't continue. The board is 9" wide by 6' long. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shane
    Are you using masking tape? Sometimes with a long board, I did an 8 footer the other day and had to do this, I have to double masking tape it. To get more bite. And I used 2 out feed rollers on each end.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

3. Default

with a long board there can be slight width differences which can cause seizing if the sliding plate is too tight. You may have to joint the board even if it was thought to be fairly straight.

I doubled up on the tape and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks guys.