Thread: Frustrated with DXF software

Default Frustrated with DXF software

Recently I purchased DXF software and have used it, but every time I go out of designer it doesn't save it and I have to go thru the manage license process to reinstall it. Now it says I have the license but it still comes up in demo mode. I am running designer 1.187 on a Mac 10.9.5. I also have Centerline and conforming Vectors both are ok. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks

Easiest fix is buy a PC.

Seriously, if no one here can help, I'm sure the Tech Support department at CarveWright can help you if it is simply a licensing issue.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    Recently I purchased DXF software and have used it, but every time I go out of designer it doesn't save it and I have to go thru the manage license process to reinstall it. Now it says I have the license but it still comes up in demo mode. I am running designer 1.187 on a Mac 10.9.5. I also have Centerline and conforming Vectors both are ok. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks
    I see it registered to your MAC, but it has not yet been applied to your Windows machine. You will need to use RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR (if Vista, 7 or then go to HELP > MANAGE LICENSES > UPDATE LICENSES.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Windows is loaded on a partition on the Mac, I prefer to use the Mac to design, is there any way to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher View Post
    "partition"
    I think this is the key word...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I loaded windows to see if designer would behave differently, if it is the partition, I can format it out. Windows doesn't play well with apple mouse, the MAC was designed to run each OS with out interfering with the other, it is like two separate machines.

I have on Mac (Mac version) and Windows (Windows version) on the same Mac with Parallels and all is fine. I use them both based on my needs at the time.

Not sure about the 'Partition' issue. I am using Yosemite Public Beta as well.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Are you able to run the carvewright software on the Yosemite Public Beta? I just installed it and the carvewright software keeps crashing. Did you have any issues with this?

I have not installed Yosemite, have too many Christmas projects to do without mucking up my computer. Every time I want to use DXF I just reinstall the license, not the proper way, but it does work for now.

Quote Originally Posted by nihad62 View Post
    Are you able to run the carvewright software on the Yosemite Public Beta? I just installed it and the carvewright software keeps crashing. Did you have any issues with this?
    There's a fix on the forum if PD doesn't open without crashing at all. Just reinstall the latest version of X11, long story short when you upgrade a directory is affected that needs to be realigned. Just upgraded to Yosemite myself. I hope this helps.
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain