Thread: Rotary: Screwdriver

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Rotary: Screwdriver

I'm having a real problem designing a screwdriver handle with the rotary software. Everything comes out as planned except for the diameter of the end for the ferrule. The project is 6" long by 1.75" in diameter and the depth of the carve region (shown by the red arrows) is .375". If I pass the mouse over the region, the status bar in the lower left corner indicates a diameter of 1". That's exactly what is needed for the ferrule. However, it only measures 29/32" after it is cut. The really frustrating part is the diameter does not change with incremental changes of the depth of the carve region until at least a .005" change is made. Then the diameter jumps to 1.027". So I'm down to experimental carves that take 2 hours each. I have also tried to design the ferrule end as part of the extrude instead of a separate carve region with even worse results. Anyway, if someone can come up with a different approach I am open to all suggestions.

I'm a little reluctant to post the mpc. If I can get this perfected I was thinking of putting it in the pattern depot as a project.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screw Driver.png  
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 09-20-2014 at 10:25 PM.
    Steve