Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TRansfering to a Mac, big mistake,

Quote Originally Posted by smurfjeep View Post
    Lynn,

Yes I did turn it off. I will double check to see if I have to turn it off before each startup.

I am also learning that the "Activate License" option pops up each time I start the software. I am realizing that I have to enter the codes from all the different options I have purchased over the last few years. What would be helpful is when it prompts you to "Enter the code for your software" is if it informed you what option it is looking to register. When you download a new item, it is evident what code the designer is looking for, but in my case, transferring to a new computer, I have to hit and miss, till the right code is entered.

Much of this might be my mistake since this is my first "Mac", and I am still in the learning curve.

Thanks for all the help.

Woody
    This is not right. You should only ever have to enter serial numbers once.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Woody,
    I have had many of the same issues you describe. I also have Mavericks, but I'm running Designer 2.007 while turning App Nap off as well as pattern preview, hardware acceleration and adjusting cache settings did help designer continues to crash - many times for no rhyme or reason. I make sure to save my work often so I don't have to start from scratch but I can see why you're frustrated too, and I've been using Macs for a long time mainly because they're life longevity in comparison to my experience with PC's. Aside from being intermittent, one issue I could duplicate was trying to edit envelope with centerline text then hitting preview - crashes every single time. I spoke to Chris at LHR a day or so ago and he said he was going to look into it - hopefully we come across something. Another member posted on this forum saying they had the same issues while using a Mac. It's to the point that I'm actually considering going out to buy a standalone PC laptop for the sole purpose of using the CW software - thankfully I can at least register it on two machines - good thing I didn't load it on my Macbook Pro. If I find anything out I'll keep you posted and keep my eyes glued to this thread in hopes of a less expensive fix.
    Paul
    -Paul
    "The secret to getting ahead is getting started." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by PSQRD View Post
    one issue I could duplicate was trying to edit envelope with centerline text then hitting preview - crashes every single time.
    Paul
    I did this on my Windows 7 and it crashed too. I have never used the PREVIEW button before. I always just said OK and then if I didn't like it...went back in and changed it.

Will let software engineers know.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12