Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TRansfering to a Mac, big mistake,

Default TRansfering to a Mac, big mistake,

I was wondering if anybody else has seen issues with using a Mac with designer?

I recently upgraded my laptops, honestly I went with a mac for photo and video hobbies. I thought I would transfer the designer (3.0) to the mac. I have been having all kinds of crashes, and bugs.

I hope LHR figures out how to make this work, I just might transfer this back to my windows laptop for stability issues.

Woody

Does your Mac use Maverick operating system? If so do a search on the forum, there is something special you have to do to get Designer to work. I have a Mac with Lion OS and have very few problems

Control Click on the app icon, look for "Prevent App Nap" and make sure you check it. Close the info dialog and try it again.

Hope this helps..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Thanks All,

Dale, I am running Maverick, it is a new Mac Book, Steve, I found the information you talked about on the forums to correct a text editor problem. I run into the problem often if I try to open a pattern file, I was at the 2013 conference at Long Lake Campground. The disk that was provided, has some great patterns, but when I try and open them, Designer crashes.
    Additionally, whenever I open designer, it seems to reboot back to the original install, and asks for me to register the product, and the packs. Frustrating.

It should be working on Mac

Maverick does require you turn off App Nap
    Close Designer
    Right click on icon
    Select GET INFO
    Select Prevent App Nap

If it is trying to build your pattern image preview library,either be patient or turn it off under Help menu.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by smurfjeep View Post
    Thanks All,

Dale, I am running Maverick, it is a new Mac Book, Steve, I found the information you talked about on the forums to correct a text editor problem. I run into the problem often if I try to open a pattern file, I was at the 2013 conference at Long Lake Campground. The disk that was provided, has some great patterns, but when I try and open them, Designer crashes.
    Additionally, whenever I open designer, it seems to reboot back to the original install, and asks for me to register the product, and the packs. Frustrating.
    I think I would suspect the integrity of the disc. Can you take a pattern you can open on the windows machine and email it to an address you can open from the Mac. From there download it and open in Designer Mac to see if that works.. I have had issues with data on Windows discs not reading correctly on the mac drive. Just an idea. This process will eliminate the disc.
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

I'm running designer 3 on a Mac with Mavericks and so far have had no problems. I haven't turned off or on app nap.......
    Carwright "A" machine
    carvetight spindle
    Heavy duty Traction Belts
    Designer 1.187
    Homemade CNC machine
    Homemade 3-d printer

Thanks again all,

So far, I have problems with the "text Tool" option. The text tool allows me to create a text, however all actions after open a new text box. I have found that if I close then pen the project, the text tool functions correctly. Also the edit text command in the right click menu is also very buggy, until I reset the project.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfjeep View Post
    Thanks again all,

So far, I have problems with the "text Tool" option. The text tool allows me to create a text, however all actions after open a new text box. I have found that if I close then pen the project, the text tool functions correctly. Also the edit text command in the right click menu is also very buggy, until I reset the project.
    Did you turn off App Nap?
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Lynn,

Yes I did turn it off. I will double check to see if I have to turn it off before each startup.

I am also learning that the "Activate License" option pops up each time I start the software. I am realizing that I have to enter the codes from all the different options I have purchased over the last few years. What would be helpful is when it prompts you to "Enter the code for your software" is if it informed you what option it is looking to register. When you download a new item, it is evident what code the designer is looking for, but in my case, transferring to a new computer, I have to hit and miss, till the right code is entered.

Much of this might be my mistake since this is my first "Mac", and I am still in the learning curve.

Thanks for all the help.

Woody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast