Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cushioned Mini Orbital Detail Sanding Disks

Just ordered a set Alan. The first ones sold in your sheet form are working well. Thanks
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalwoodshop View Post
    I had a thought.... With a core bit, and a carrier sled with side rails, could you get the CW to cut them out using the drill function? Setting the 1/8th inch drill function to go down without moving side to side with a core bit installed?

Nice Product !!!!

AL
    You could do it like that. But the speed of the cut motor might start melting the foam. I'm not sure. I have my cnc hooked up to a Fordom Flex Shaft rotary tool to cut the holes and I run it at about 9000 rpm. You would have to stick the sandpaper onto the sled good enough to hold it but not so good that you can't take off all the pieces when it's done. And it would have to hit just right to keep the hole centered. Not an easy task. I haven't figured out a way to do that. To actually cut it all the way out with a bit without punching them out one at a time. They would get stuck in the bit etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Malmstrom View Post
    You could do it like that. But the speed of the cut motor might start melting the foam. I'm not sure. I have my cnc hooked up to a Fordom Flex Shaft rotary tool to cut the holes and I run it at about 9000 rpm. You would have to stick the sandpaper onto the sled good enough to hold it but not so good that you can't take off all the pieces when it's done. And it would have to hit just right to keep the hole centered. Not an easy task. I haven't figured out a way to do that. To actually cut it all the way out with a bit without punching them out one at a time. They would get stuck in the bit etc.
    All very valid points... The CW is not really the way to go. Sounds like you are on to a really nice product...

Good Luck,

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12