Thread: Piggy bank

Default Piggy bank

I have a customer that wants a couple "piggy" banks like the one in the photo. Obviously that's a pretty primitive one. I know it is possible to create a pattern to have the machine cut the pieces out. I'm wondering, is it possible to draw just like an oval, then add the extras for the nose, feet and ears, and make that be one vector or do I have to draw it in pieces? Also i'm thinking it would be better if it had these extras on all the pieces, would make them stronger... yes? Help please! I tried to get out of it but she is persistent lol.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bank 1.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	71329Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bank 2.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	51.9 KB 
ID:	71330Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bank 3.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	71331Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bank 4.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.3 KB 
ID:	71332
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

2. Default

I'm going to make a three layer double sided carve project and add it to the Pattern Depot tonight or tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by dehrlich View Post
    I'm wondering, is it possible to draw just like an oval, then add the extras for the nose, feet and ears, and make that be one vector or do I have to draw it in pieces?
    You can do that. Draw the oval, nose, etc., making each item a carve region. Group the pieces and make a pattern on the group. Outline the pattern.

I used this technique to make a clock frame:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frame.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	568.6 KB 
ID:	71333

4. Default

Personally I would make a 3D object and import it into the STL Importer and slice it up so that it would be able to carve the inside hole as a double sided carve. I'll post a link to the patterns on the depot as soon as their up. Probably a few days. You don't have to buy it. I think that would sell in the future though.