Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LoriB-1

1. Default LoriB-1

Hi Henry1

I am still working on this, I corrected a few things,let me know if I am getting close.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi Henry1

I am still working on this, I corrected a few things,let me know if I am getting close.
    Lori send me your email address
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

on your board sizes when you set the size for your board settings remember that you have to have 7" more added to your board to stay under rollers and that they boards that are 1/2" shy of the width of what they say if it is, a 1"x4" it is 3.5 wide..1"x6" is 5.5 wide and so on... so if your pattern is 8" wide you need a 10" wide board to make your pattern.. all patterns have a .25 default depth and 100 height, your pattern on the four corners are going though the board it's to deep, look on the reverse side of the board and you can see it is through the board.

LoriiB,

I would stay away from edge-rout if possible. I'm not trying to hijack your design but, I have attached is a couple of suggestions. Let me know if you would like the steps that I used in these 2 examples.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Live Love Laughter1.png   Live Love Laughter2.png  
    Steve

5. Default

Hi Henry,

Sorry got busy, my email address is copo_z28@att.net. This guy steve sent me 2 boards that he recommend I stay away from edge rout? being that I don't really know what that is?? I will take his advise. I hope I came kinda close to it being right?

Thanks
    Lori

6. Default

Hi Steve,
    As you can see I am just learning, I appreciate your help, as I did not know that about the board sizes. Yes I would like to learn the steps you used in your examples. I am not even sure what edge rout is? or why you would use it? I will take all the help anyone could send me. I appreciate your time and Have A Happy New Year.

Loriblackdog

7. Default

Hi
    Thank you for the info on the board sizes as I didn't know that. As far as the actual pattern I did want it to go thru the board on all the fillagree, but not on the words? I don't know if that is possible or not, as I was following one of the tutorials under project design then the fourth one down Pierced carving projects. I would appreciate any help you could send my way. Thank you for your help and have A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Thanks
    Loriblackdog

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    LoriiB,

I would stay away from edge-rout if possible. I'm not trying to hijack your design but, I have attached is a couple of suggestions. Let me know if you would like the steps that I used in these 2 examples.
    Steve she running 187 software she won't be able to open it
    Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Loriblackdog View Post
    Hi Steve,
    As you can see I am just learning, I appreciate your help, as I did not know that about the board sizes. Yes I would like to learn the steps you used in your examples. I am not even sure what edge rout is? or why you would use it? I will take all the help anyone could send me. I appreciate your time and Have A Happy New Year.

Loriblackdog
    LoriB,

Here are the files in 1.187. I will try to make a video for you tomorrow showing how I made the changes.

Edge routing is the profile you place around the perimeter of the whole board. You should try to avoid it because the board will be held down by only one roller at each end. This could allow the board to "pop up" on the end that is not held down and create an uneven cut. I have had mixed results.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 12-31-2014 at 11:47 PM.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNelson46 View Post
    LoriB,

Here are the files in 1.187. I will try to make a video for you tomorrow showing how I made the changes.

Edge routing is the profile you place around the perimeter of the whole board. You should try to avoid it because the board will be held down by only one roller at each end. This could allow the board to "pop up" on the end that is not held down and create an uneven cut. I have had mixed results.
    Here what she want to do in 187
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pierce.PNG  
    Henry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast