Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No cut motor brushes available from CW

Default No cut motor brushes available from CW

A call today revealed that CW has no replacement cut motor brushes in stock since the beginning of this month and has no idea when they will get any...so if your CW machine is down the wait is indeterminate. Unbelievable!

My cut motor at 267 hours is still working, but for how long? and how much other damage will be done if the brushes go to zero?

Where do these brushes come from....slow boat from China?

Guess we are all "broke down" until the CW Gods get their act together.

I do believe the brushes come from China as much of the CW does.

Eaton and sears both have brushes available for many sizes....does anyone happen to know the physical dimensions of these brushes??

Quote Originally Posted by ronboley View Post
    Eaton and sears both have brushes available for many sizes....does anyone happen to know the physical dimensions of these brushes??
    For the sears website your looking for CB001. They are pricy though.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Pricey! That's highway robbery! The last time I was going to order something from them they wanted $16.00 for shipping and handling. I cancelled the order before I checked out and two days later they emailed me a coupon or a discount. Fortunately I found another source at about one half the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Deolman View Post
    Pricey! That's highway robbery! The last time I was going to order something from them they wanted $16.00 for shipping and handling. I cancelled the order before I checked out and two days later they emailed me a coupon or a discount. Fortunately I found another source at about one half the price.
    Same here. Funny how they knock the price down when you start complaining.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

What is the web address for the brushes at CW?
    I want to get my order in so when they do come in I'm in the queue and I get some, but I can't find them online.

Quote Originally Posted by Deolman View Post
    were is the other source your talking about interested and tedis you can call them at CW 1-713-473-6572
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

You can find a few threads on cut motor brushes in the past. Before you order brushes from other than LHR read through the posts on the pitfalls of a non LHR Brush.

I have stood on my soapbox on this topic many times...

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

In past threads the size of the brushes are 6mm x 12mm x 12mm (?) Amazon thru Amico / Uxcell has 11/16" x 1/2" x 1/4" carbon brushes with a spring and round end cap with tabs that look like the CW ones. So 6.4mm T x 12.7mm W x 17.4mm L could be sanded to size....worth a try if you're down. And these go for $5.88 for 10 pieces (5 sets) with about $5.00 shipping. According to my call to CW the other day, they are not taking orders....they have no idea when they will get any in....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast