Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: many hour C machine wants unlock code?

Default many hour C machine wants unlock code?

My C machine just asked for the unlock code. It has maybe 400 hours, I haven't checked lately. I used it Friday and went to use it today and couldn't. I started the carve in my B machine until I figured it out. I found the code in my license files on the website - in case this ever happens to you. Why would this happen? Powered down since I took the piece out Friday.
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Clint, I can't tell you why this happens, but mine just recently did the same thing (low hours on machine). The thing is when I input the code it didn't accept it and kept asking for unlock code. I ended up shipping the CPU back for testing and they found nothing wrong. When I got the parts back and re-assembled the machine it worked fine. So, I was out shipping and testing fees for what amounted to nothing. This is getting a little too expensive for me.
    George

Every once in a great while mine will do the same thing. It will ask for it two or three then I can go months without it happening again. I just keep the unlock code by the machine.

4. Default

This may not have anything to do with it, but....
    I have an old 07 model A that works fine as long as it doesn't get unplugged. For some reason I can shut the power switch off time after time but if it is unplugged it will loose some user settings and have to be reset. It is too old to have the unlock code but, maybe it could be the same type of issue. If your issue happens when the machine is unplugged it may help locate the problem.

Could be.... dust inside the CPU....

Wild AL Guess...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02626_WEB.jpg   DSC02624_WEB.jpg   DSC02628_WEB.jpg   DSC02642_WEB.jpg  

DSC02629_WEB.jpg  
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

6. Default

My C machine does that every 4 or 5 months it will just ask for the code. I keep it next to the machine for just that reason.

Thanks for starting this thread.
    Not sure why the code is necessary, are machines being stolen?
    Sure hope my machine doesn't ask me for the code, I have no idea what it is.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Like HAL9000, I wrote the code on a piece of tape next to the keypad. I must enter it about once a month for some reason (C machine). Never thought about what causes it, but will pay attention next time I unplug it.
    Tracy

World's largest supplier of custom carved firewood.

I found this occurs when there is a slight static charge to the machine. It could happen when clean the machine via a shop vac or even through the dust collection system if the dust collection system not grounded properly.
    It only takes a slight static charge to do it.

I have had this happen once or twice so I placed a label with the unlock code on the machine to keep it handy in the event it might happen again.

Ken, the code can't be for theft protection because, theoretical, once entered the machine is unlocked. I don't know how you would intentionally re-lock it. I unplug my machines and most of my other tools every couple of months so I can roll them into the driveway to blow the shop out. (BTW, why do we park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?)
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast