Thread: Routing??

Lightbulb Routing??

Is there a way to route an already carved design??
    my machine did an excellent carving....but faulted out when it went to check the 90 degree router bit on the keypad side.

Is there a way that I can get the machine to route and possibly cut out the the design that I've already carved????

If someone has an answer...please let me know......I really do not want to do another 6 hour carving!

Thanks,

George,
    The Redneck,
    Florence,SC

If the V carved part was not in the carved area you can delete the carving part and leave the V carve and the cut path. After making the changes to your original mpc file do a "save as" and re name it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

If you search the forum you'll find many posts on techniques to recover partial carves. It also involves a bit of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mannwranglers View Post
    Is there a way to route an already carved design??
    my machine did an excellent carving....but faulted out when it went to check the 90 degree router bit on the keypad side.

Is there a way that I can get the machine to route and possibly cut out the the design that I've already carved????

If someone has an answer...please let me know......I really do not want to do another 6 hour carving!

Thanks,

George,
    The Redneck,
    Florence,SC
    George,

There are a couple of things you can do. First, you can just delete everything that has already been carved, save the project with a different name, and upload it to the card. The second method is mostly used for a partially raster carved region. Draw a shape (rectangle, circle oval etc.) over the part(s) of the carving that have already been carved and make it (them) a carve region with 0 (zero) depth. Again, save it with a different name and upload it to the card. You may need to use some masking tape on the board to hide the edges that have already been carved so the machine can re-measure the board correctly. Also, be sure to completely power off the machine before removing or inserting the data card.
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-15-2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Steve

These methods have saved me a couple times !!!
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

George got back with me last night and reported that he saved the carving using the instructions I posted.. A very happy man!
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Same here this morning. George sure does carve some nice stuff....

a Happy Carver !!!!

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com