Thread: Secret Project

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Secret Project

About a year ago I responded to a thread a member had started for ideas for a child's toy box project. I don't know how far he got, but at the same time our first grand child was on the way and I began thinking about building a toy box as a gift for his or her 2nd or 3rd birthday or Christmas. Based on an idea for a treasure chest (girl) or pirate chest (boy) I began collecting images and carve files for things that could be applied to such a project. Then last October my daughter presented us with a baby boy. Unfortunately I did mention the toy box idea to my wife, who mentioned it to my daughter, who mentioned it to....you know. Now, about a year later I have the materials collected, the Designer files created and am looking forward to a leisurely paced project to culminate in a pirate chest/toy box for my grandson's 2nd or 3rd birthday. THEN it happened. I was informed that his 1st birthday party coming up in mid November is a pirate themed extravaganza....and the toy chest is the center piece of the event. Oh shoot! (or something along those lines). Now the project is on a schedule and has a completion date! Not anticipated. So here we go...project progress photos attached. That is why any of my future projects will be SECRET...and not revealed until completed.

Sorry, seems no matter what I do the photos appear upside down on the post.

I'll continue to post photos of progress to show my pain...uh...I mean my joy in getting this toy box completed ON TIME.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0830.JPG   IMG_0831.JPG   IMG_0832.JPG   IMG_0833.JPG  

IMG_0834.JPG