Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wood BOW TIE.... Wood TIE.... Could be a HOT Product...

Default Wood BOW TIE.... Wood TIE.... Could be a HOT Product...

Watching the nightly news tonight and saw a story of a guy making Wood Bow Ties and Wood Ties... I thought... WOW what a great idea for the CW.... Do a search and see the BUZZ....

You WOOD (would) really need a special market for them but I believe they could be a Craft Show and small shop NEW HOT ITEM....

Not something I have a market for but it caught my interest....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Really cool.

I would have never guessed. I guess an enterprising entrepreneur just has to make his own market.

that would b nice if we could get this there is bow on the forum somewhere
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I was at a wedding last year and one of the guests had one on. I talked to him about it. He told me he had 5 or 6. They were a real deal, he only paid $85 a piece for them. I told him I would be happy to make as many as he wanted and would only charge him $60. He thought that was a great deal, but I didn't know who he was and I didn't get his contact information. Anyway, there is a market, its just figuring how to tap into it.

Looked on eBay and the Texture Tool could be a plus making them....
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

I remember seeing someone with a wooden tie and it was really cool looking. It was made in about 5 pieces and it was held together with elastic type bands which made it kinda flexible. I don't know the kind of wood, but it was stained and varnished and looked really neat.... especially the windsor knot that was set on it. I recall it was maybe 1/4" thick. If someone comes up with a pattern or idea, please share. Hey maybe even some type of "Bolo" tie for cowboys would be cool. Don't know how it would look using real thin stips of wood for that one. I made a belt buckle a long time ago, but never really followed thru with it. I even ordered the back parts to clip it on a belt. Still have the bag full laying around somewhere.
    JerryB:.

CarveWright START U Team Member
    Using 1.187, Conform, PE/Probe, Centerline.

"Let's start sharing PTNs instead of MPCs so ALL SW versions can view & share"

8. Default

I was curious so I also looked on ebay, they are selling from 5.99 to 12.99.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-Boys-Adu...item486be6eacf

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by chebytrk View Post
    I remember seeing someone with a wooden tie and it was really cool looking. It was made in about 5 pieces and it was held together with elastic type bands which made it kinda flexible. I don't know the kind of wood, but it was stained and varnished and looked really neat.... especially the windsor knot that was set on it. I recall it was maybe 1/4" thick. If someone comes up with a pattern or idea, please share. Hey maybe even some type of "Bolo" tie for cowboys would be cool. Don't know how it would look using real thin stips of wood for that one. I made a belt buckle a long time ago, but never really followed thru with it. I even ordered the back parts to clip it on a belt. Still have the bag full laying around somewhere.

Here is one tie and directions on how to make it.

http://www.woodworkingformeremortals...n-necktie.html

Default Bow-Tie pattern

Thanks to Al, Here is a bow-tie pattern that I made. You could personalize it for yourself. The attached pattern does not have my initials on it, as shown in the lower picture.

You will need to do the cutout, also. (Just in case someone might want to use a scroll-saw / band-saw to do it)

Ed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bow-Tie.JPG  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My Website: www.edscustomcarved.com
    Patterns or projects made, and uploaded by me, are not to be sold on E-Bay, EVER !.
    Thank You....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast