Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puffing…..how to puff only one line within a 4-sided shape

Default Puffing…..how to puff only one line within a 4-sided shape

So I am attempting to make a plaque that resembles an F-18 vertical stabilizer……the rounded puffing tool looks like it will work for the leading edge but the top, bottom and back do not need to be puffed. Is there a way to only puff the leading edge? I'm basically looking to make this into a plaque. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Attached are a couple of pictures to help explain what I'm looking to do.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1955.jpg   TailAnnotatted.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by AlBCuttnWud View Post
    So I am attempting to make a plaque that resembles an F-18 vertical stabilizer……the rounded puffing tool looks like it will work for the leading edge but the top, bottom and back do not need to be puffed. Is there a way to only puff the leading edge? I'm basically looking to make this into a plaque. Thanks in advance for any guidance. Attached are a couple of pictures to help explain what I'm looking to do.
    This is a pretty crude example but, if it's what you are looking for use the "Extrude" tool instead of the "Puff" tool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stabilizer.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-10-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Steve

Steve,
    Thanks for your help but the leading edge that I need rounded off is opposite of the example…it looks like all four sides of the smaller rectangle is puffed….this is the hard part in that I just need one side puffed. Make sense?

Steve,
    Thanks for your help but the leading edge that I need rounded off is opposite of the example…it looks like all four sides of the smaller rectangle is puffed….this is the hard part in that I just need one side puffed. Make sense?
    If you have the "Puff" tool you should also have the "Extrude" tool. Just double click on the shape and adjust it to your liking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Steve

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a whirl next week and let you know how it goes. Thank you again!

Thanks Steve, I'll give it a whirl next week and let you know how it goes. Thank you again!
    No problem. If you need any more help just let me know. I'm sure there are others here on the forum that will help also.

BTW, was this what you were looking for (roughly)?
    Last edited by SteveNelson46; 08-10-2014 at 09:04 PM.
    Steve

Or maybe this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails stabilizer3.png  
    Steve

We need more instruction on making our own patterns.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    We need more instruction on making our own patterns.
    Not to be snarky but seems like LHR should be putting out more instruction. It would help sell the add on features if people felt comfortable that they could use and would use the add ons. I have not bought any add on's except Centerline text because I am not sure I would use them or could learn to use them well enough to justify the cost.
    Last edited by CW-HAL9000; 08-11-2014 at 09:59 AM. Reason: syntax

Quote Originally Posted by CW-HAL9000 View Post
    Not to be snarky but seems like LHR should be putting out more instruction. It would help sell the add on features if people felt comfortable that they could use and would use the add ons. I have not bought any add on's except Centerline text because I am not sure I would use them or could learn to use them well enough to justify the cost.
    Carvewright has many tutorials on just about everything. Including the add-ons. http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...ted/tutorials/

The learning curve can be a challenge but, IMHO, there is just as much fun in the designing phase as there is in the actual building phase. I'm not all that creative but, with the right tools and a little time invested I can do things that are quite spectacular.
    Steve

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast