Thread: Go from 2 to 3

1. Default Go from 2 to 3

Noticed that when I went to Version 3 of Designer, version 2 is still on here. I tried to open all past projects I designed and could not find them in 3 I just happened to see that all the files are still in 2. Would of thought the installer would of brought them in to version 3 but apparently not... no big deal I guess just need to copy them over I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by edsingletary View Post
    Noticed that when I went to Version 3 of Designer, version 2 is still on here. I tried to open all past projects I designed and could not find them in 3 I just happened to see that all the files are still in 2. Would of thought the installer would of brought them in to version 3 but apparently not... no big deal I guess just need to copy them over I guess..
    Version 2 will open version 3 files. I just discovered that a couple of days ago.
    Steve

When I installed 3, 2 remained on the machine also. All of the patterns I had were brought over to 3. The projects that I designed were in their own directory (outside any of the directories for designer 1, 2, or 3) and it retrieved the projects in 3 as easily as it did in 2. I wouldn't have expected the projects to move, patterns I would, but not projects.

4. Default

Thanks mathman