Thread: Help!!!!

Default Help!!!!

Im trying to carve a sign i put a piece of material in the size i want the sign to be then it carves a smaller version in the middle of my material i hope this can be fixed seems like if i have to put a larger board in every time to get the size i want i will have a mountain of waste material how can i fix this

I think the 7 inch rule is getting you. Is your actual board at least 7 inches longer than the virtual board? If not the machine will ask you if you want to scale, if you answer yes it will reduce the size of your design so your real board is 7 inches longer than your virtual board.

This should help you out http://www.carvewright.com/assets/ti...icks_Mar09.pdf

The machine is seeing the actual board as being smaller than the design size, width or length. If you say "yes" to staying under the rollers the machine will add 7 1/2" to your design size. If the board is not at least 71/2" longer it will ask to scale your carving.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

thanks that link helped harris i heard there was a tutorial on how to make a jig for the machine a link would help

Default Help!!!!

The link he provided is for jigs. There are instructions to make a scanning probe sled under Support > Tutorials > Accessories > Scanning Probe, but does not deal with 7" rule issue.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by oldnavyvet View Post
    thanks that link helped harris i heard there was a tutorial on how to make a jig for the machine a link would help
    Here is a link to all of the tips n tricks... http://www.carvewright.com/support-p...s/tips-tricks/
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

OldNavyVet,

An even simpler way that I do it is to use Place on end rather than center on board. I then tape a block of wood on the end of my good board. The Length of that wood block would be reflected in the Designer Board on the right side of the screen. I draw a block the length of the physical wood block on the screen then keep all the artwork to the left of that. Imagine the junction of the left edge of the block that you draw is the beginning of the good board. Also imagine the top of the screen is where the Brass Roller is to make it easier to remember.

Then you can tape a scrap block on the back edge OR what I do is leave the board long then when done cut the project off the long board. Hence... ZERO WASTE....

I like to use a 4 inch block of wood on the front of the board since the roller is about 3.5 inches from the bit.

With the Wood Handles I plan to carve the little blocks into Black Bears later.

Good Luck,

AL

FCC(SW) USN Retired
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BC2.jpg   B3.jpg   Buck1.jpg   CLK1.jpg  

DSC00797_WEB.jpg   DSC00793_WEB.jpg   DSC00924_WEB.jpg   DSC02673_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com