Thread: Easy item to sell at shows and fast money!

Default Easy item to sell at shows and fast money!

One of the fasted carvings that I have found is to carve hotplates. They are standard in size being 6 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches with four rubber feet on the bottom. They sell for $20 each and sell like hotcakes...

I have made different hotplates for various sports teams, depending upon my location for a show.

Here's one example:

These are pure profit.. as I have no material costs other than a few minutes and paint.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC08842.JPG 
Views:	150 
Size:	801.0 KB 
ID:	70930

2. Default

Very nice, i take it you have a free connection for solid surface? (corian) My always sell item is crosses and lady of guadalupe carvings. Very catholic area.

Keep an eye out at any Habitat Restore outlet - they're a great source for Corian and recycled wood flooring/paneling....
    Livin' Life
    Lovin' My Carvewright

4. Default

Is this carved with 1/16" carving bit, or with v-bit? Instructions I have read caution against using other bits in corian. Looks like an interesting project. I live in Tuscaloosa, home to University of Alabama. People here are crazy for anything Bama themed, but he school has licenses on all logos, and is vigorous in challenging any use without buying licensing agreement What is your source for rubber feet?

5. Default

I use centerline and v bits as well as straight bits on solid surface (corian) all the time with no problems.

The licenses are not that hard to get. If it goes through that LRG or whatever it is that most schools do, they have a small crafters license that is $100 per school, allows up to 2,000 in sales per year and you have to submit samples.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

I use both 60 and 90 degree carvewright bits with no problems in corian.

Quote Originally Posted by t-townwilson View Post
    Is this carved with 1/16" carving bit, or with v-bit? Instructions I have read caution against using other bits in corian.
    Hello,

Specifically, where did you read this? Do you have a link we can visit?
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default material

What material do you use?