Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craft show costs, your experience?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that either AOKWeld bought a different machine, or different software than LHR supplies. ArtCAM costs $10K for ONE seat, and the vast majority of CNC routers out there cost a whale of a lot more than the CarveWright's relatively cheap $2K pricetag.
    Designer 1.187 Build 10870
    Designer 3.106 Build 38
    Pattern Editor
    Centerline
    Conforming Vectors
    2D Vector Drawing Suite
    STL Importer
    3D Pattern Modeling Suite
    Rotary Jig

As he said, he does have two machines, all the software and bells and whistles, but I think there is additional third-party software, tools, (maybe a building), something to make that $12,000.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I also bought a plainer and the start up tools such as hand sanders, dremmel tools, stain and a whole lot of bits and $1000.00 In wood.... believe me I have twelve grand in this hobby...

My wife and I do the "Craft Show Circuit". What I have learned for our efforts (Your mileage may vary). #1. Take Credit Cards. #2. In general, unless you are told otherwise stay away from Summer Shows. #3. Fall Bazaars are the best. 4. Talk to other crafters when you are at a show to find out where they have done well and where they have not. 5. Take pictures of your setup, it makes it easier next time. Also, if your booth setup is typically a 10 x 10, figure out your setup ahead of time for booths that may be different such as a 6 x 12 or 4 x 20. We did about 7 shows last fall. Some were a bust, some were GREAT! Hang in there. If you have any questions, send me a msg.

Quote Originally Posted by aokweld101 View Post
    I also bought a plainer and the start up tools such as hand sanders, dremmel tools, stain and a whole lot of bits and $1000.00 In wood.... believe me I have twelve grand in this hobby...
    Hell I have 12K worth of lumber in inventory! I can't resist a good deal. Craigs list under "materials" is a great place to find lumber
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

Given what the stock market did at the end of the week that lumber is now probably a better investment.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12