Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Possible Home Depot order.

Default Possible Home Depot order.

Hi guys
    This is my first post so please bear with me. After lurking around here for awhile and reading as many reviews as possible I'm ready to place an order. I'm a remodel contractor and custom cabinet maker and I think I see a potential benefit for my business. I had my contractors rep at HD investigating and he says I can order a new CX through him. His price is right and after using my military discount it gets even better.

My question is; I've read elsewhere on this forum someone awhile ago was looking into placing an order through Lowes. There was some reference made to the unit being packaged differently than if ordered directly through CW (I think it came without software???). What exactly is missing if anything? And what will it cost to at least get back to the basic CW package?

Here is the link to where you can look at the basic package for the Carverwright CX. Software you can download from the Carvewright web site. 1.187 is free, but I would recommend purchasing designer 3.0 software and pattern editor.

http://store.carvewright.com/configuretemplate.htm

CW sale just announced! You might get some better deals. https://store.carvewright.com/offers...fer&offerid=38

As for pricing and set ups from Lowes or Home Depot make sure you verify and compare what you get to the CarveWright store. Also verify with Home Depot on your military discount. They have changed their policy on what items to qualify.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Home Depot & Lowes cannot sell a new machine until they update their websites. When they do make it available (CW-CX), it will not include any software other than the Basic Designer 1.187.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Too bad LHR does not offer a Military discount.... I get the Marketing emails from LHR so they DO try to come up with great ideas to inprove sales... but think about it.... In the big picture... "Most" Military have a little more disposable income depending on where they are in life... And many Military are Hands On kind of Guys and Gals... And the Military is BIG on AWARDS, PLAQUES, and things for the "Military I LOVE ME WALL".... So WE have seen more than one Military Active Duty Carver make a good GO of it...

Even if you follow the policy that the box stores do.... Active, Retired, and a few more flavors.

Stepping off my soap box....

AL

Navy Retired....
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-31-2014 at 07:15 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

6. Default

Yeah, you got that right. I'm Marine retired myself. I have, I LOVE ME WALL. Now I can make my own awards, who needs the government to issue them. Ha

Thanks guys, guess I'll see what my rep comes up with in the next few days. I was there when he called the corporate buyer who confirmed it could be had. He gave me a price of just under $1700.00 out the door + tax. So at that price (if it's legit) it has to be missing something. May very well be one of these "Sounds too good to be true" situations. I guess we'll see.

Semper Fi all.

Can you send me a PM of the corporate buyers name?

Thanks
    Connie
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Looks like this was indeed a bust as HD is no longer authorized to sell the CW unit itself, I guess only certain CW items are available. Makes no sense but.....
    Anyway, looks like I may have to bite the bullet and order direct if I should decide to do this. Thanks to all for the helpful replies.

As for the military discount. I was just advised that HD, just this week is now no longer offering military discounts to contractors. Only personal cards will be acceptable. I spend well over 10k a year at HD and it sure helps out. Also a great incentive to purchase from them.

Semper Fi all.

I am not sure why HD changed their policy on the military discounts but thanks for the verification. Lowe's has not changed theirs and they get the bulk of my shopping because of it.
    RingNeckBlues
    My patterns on the Depot
    DC-INSERT It Just Sucks!

Proven to out perform all others!
    Buy CarveWright
    Colorado FaceBook Users Group

All patterns and projects that I share on the CarveWright forum are for your personal carving purpose. They are not to be shared, sold or posted on any other web site without permission from RingNeckBlues Designs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast