Thread: Cut motor won't run

Default Cut motor won't run

Went to use my CW today and everything went fine until was time to carve, then there was a little click from the cut motor and nothing else. I had a spare motor and put it in, same results. I checked all the connections I could see, all seemed in order. It worked fine the last time I used it, which was about two weeks ago. I would appreciate any thoughts or solutions to fix this problem. Thank you, Have a wonderful day.

It is probably the switch on the control panel side of the clear cover….you may try blowing it out good and see if that helps
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

You can remove the motor and connect it directly to 120V AC Take an old lamp cord and strip the ends. Twist one of the ends to one of the motor wire and touch the other end to the other motor wire. Did you check the cover switch on the side away from the panel?
    Clint
    CarveWright StartU team member
    Web Site WWW.clintscustomcarving.com

Joined in 2007, are you still using a QC? If so, they go bad and vibrate the C1 Capacitor on the X Termination board as part of the cut motor control circuit. The Q1 in the picture is the electronic on off switch and the C1 is part of that circuit along with a Opto coupler a LED inside a chip with a sensor ro seperate the computer logic from the AC Power side for safety. LED or Light on inside the chip then Q1 is on.

And the Right side cover switch is on the return path of the cut motor as a safety switch. The Keypad side tells the computer if the cover is open and can be seen in a senor check on the LCD.

Since you changed the motor, likely the right switch or the X Termination board.

Good Luck,

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC07813_WEB.jpg   DSC07811_WEB.jpg   DSC07793_WEB.jpg   DSC07799_WEB.jpg  

Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Thanks, the cover was not contacting the switch fully. Tightened cover, back in business. Is there supposed to be a padlock between the dimension boxes up on the toolbar? If so I don't have one. How can I get it? Using 1.187. Thanks again.