Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clay or wax - can they really be "probed"?

Quote Originally Posted by benluz View Post
    although the part I scanned was fine it was just the sled it scratched ,but if I do riase the probe that should result in less pressure on the scanned object.
    Thanks !
    Ben
    Hello Ben,

The probe pressure on the object itself stays the same, even when you set the depth of the probe to ride just above the sled's surface.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Default sculpey clay

My wife has used sculpey clay - once without baking it & it did not do well; but once you bake it in the oven for a few, it works just fine. She is trying to learn how to sculpt, which is adding versus carving which is subtracting. But I got her a few carving blocks to learn. The idea is that when you spend a lot of time either sculpting or carving - you can use the carvewright to make many copies to make the money for the time it took to make the original. Have fun & bake the clay it is not to expensive.

Default Sculpey

Quote Originally Posted by wunderkind View Post
    My wife has used sculpey clay - once without baking it & it did not do well; but once you bake it in the oven for a few, it works just fine. She is trying to learn how to sculpt, which is adding versus carving which is subtracting. But I got her a few carving blocks to learn. The idea is that when you spend a lot of time either sculpting or carving - you can use the carvewright to make many copies to make the money for the time it took to make the original. Have fun & bake the clay it is not to expensive.
    I'm waiting for my scanning probe, but that's exactly what I'm planning on using it for. Sculpey is really easy to sculpt, and mistakes are far easier to correct than with subtractive carving.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12