Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: head pressure, level head, crank handle problems

didn't even think of looking to see if I could put the cable cover on without removing the side!

And, the dry lube came with one of those spray straws. I thought it would be precise enough to use, holding a shop cloth behind the post as I sprayed. And it worked well on the first three. Then on the fourth, the straw blew off, and dry lube went everywhere. And of course, it just had to be the keypad side of the machine, where most of the electronics are. Lesson learned. Don't rely on the spray straw thing for precision, spray into a cloth and wipe on!
    - Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

Quote Originally Posted by karossii View Post
    didn't even think of looking to see if I could put the cable cover on without removing the side!

And, the dry lube came with one of those spray straws. I thought it would be precise enough to use, holding a shop cloth behind the post as I sprayed. And it worked well on the first three. Then on the fourth, the straw blew off, and dry lube went everywhere. And of course, it just had to be the keypad side of the machine, where most of the electronics are. Lesson learned. Don't rely on the spray straw thing for precision, spray into a cloth and wipe on!
    What dry lube are y'all using? I need to get some.

I use this stuff - ordered from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used to be able to get it from Home Depot, but they only carry the one with silicon in it now. The link posted above is the version with NO silicon...it has PTFE (Teflon) instead.
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

Purely by luck or coincidence (as it was the only dry lube I could find), I got that exact same kind. But I found it at Home Depot, on the shelf. It was in the power tools section. It was right next to some silicon sprays, and after reading Michaels comment above, I panicked and ran to double check that the one I got didn't have silicon in it - but it doesn't. So apparently it is regional if you can or can't find it at Home Depot.
    - Ken
    Later model "B" Machine with CarveTight and Rubber belt upgrades
    RNB Model "A" Dust Collection, Scanning Probe, Rotary Jig
    Designer 3, Conforming Vectors, STL Importer, DXF Importer, Rotary, Basic, Pattern Editor (Probe), Advanced 3D, Centerline

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123