Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Industrial Carving with the CW to make MONEY

Default Industrial Carving with the CW to make MONEY

I am in the middle of a project to make the first 60 of 80 Accountability Boards for a County Emergency Management Team in New York State and wanted to post some pictures. The advantage of having the machine do the cutting of the wood handles and the plastic is that I can be free to do other work in the shop at the same time. Last week I shipped out 2 sets of tags. It's like having a extra employee that does what you want done every time and happily waits for the next task.

Some of the Canadian Tags are defects as the Red came out Wine and the Brown came out light... Learing a new printer and settings. Tomorrow I setup a new Windows 7 Computer and a larger format Printer then I have now to be able to print the Boards with one transfer sheet rather than 3 cut up from my smaller printer. Progress I get to Retire my XP Laptop... finally... Found a new Win 7 Computer with 8 Gig of Ram and a 500 Gig Hard Drive new in the box... Newer Windows does not play nice with my older Corel and Art Programs.

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC04111_WEB.jpg   Acc Board Holes.jpg   DSC02576_WEB.jpg   DSC02661_WEB.jpg  

DSC02664_WEB.jpg   DSC02674_WEB.jpg   DSC02673_WEB.jpg   DSC02604_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-09-2014 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Spelling -2 points
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Very nice work Mr. Who!

it seems that you no longer have time to make black bears.
    Ken,
    V-1, 2, & 3

When the People fear their Government, there is Tyranny.
    When the Government fears the People, there is Liberty.
    - Thomas Jefferson

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.
    - Mohandas Gandhi

Very Cool!!!! My Regular job gets in my way to even think about looking for these kinds of projects.....

The Black Bear and Craft market has cooled off some and the time spent at shows was long and little money... I find my time is better spent in the shop... This is a really fun project that will lead to more work. Sure I could have made a jig and done both on a router table or with a hand held router but using the machine was just so much more fun.

The local County 911 Director today picked 3 Data Plate Designs for the Communication Trailer and I will need my new $2K Ricoh 7700 large er format printer to do it... So it is a good thing I am setting it up tomorrow. I expect that product line to grow legs...

The fire side of the business should slow down soon as this time of year few go to mettings and they don't have enought to vote to buy something. I touched base with the Rep in Alabama where a Home Land Security Grant is buying every Firefighter Photo Tags from me... She said getting the Pictures this time of year is hard. I expect it to go on into the winter and that is OK with me... Money in the Bank...

I have 2 more projects I am working on, the first is making my Tags as Visitor Badges for Navy Ships and the second is Historic Shelf Sitters Carved Wood about 6 inches wide. Starting with the local Gravity Railroad and a Coal Car and Passenger Car for the Historical Society's in the area. More on that as it develops. I still get email requests for "Pooh Bears"... Pictures from 2008.

Fun with the CW....

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC08650_WEB.jpg   DSC07825_WEB.jpg   DSC06982_WEB.jpg   DSC07036_WEB.jpg  

Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-09-2014 at 03:39 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

New larger format printer installed, a new Win 7 computer and spent the weekend getting the handles ready for poly. Used a old CW 1/8th inch cutting bit in my router table to cut the side slots with a guide track. Lots of Sawdust Time....

Progress continues...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02700_WEB.jpg   DSC02944_WEB.jpg   DSC02949_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 07-15-2014 at 03:13 PM.

Looks fantastic, AL. Quite a production process you've got there!
    Michael T
    Happy Carving!

═══ Links to Patterns & Resources for CompuCarve™ & CarveWright™ ═══

That's just what I was thinking, you've got a regular factory going. Good job!

Al, I have to ask about the toilet seat. I'm thinking that's too wide the carve on the CW right? So did you just apply a carved bear to the top of a pre-made seat or did you make the seat and lid part? Very cool.
    Kansas Wood Shop
    Disabled Veteran owned and operated
    Visit www.kansaswood.com
    A machine with rock, CS machine, Designer 3, centerline, conforming vectors

That is some serious production, Al, but it all looks great. I hope the orders flood in!!
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

A little update... Spent a fantastic Saturday working on the Wood Shop Deck listening to some great Sirius 70's on FM Ear Muffs and a Car FM Transmitter. Got all the plastic cut for the first 60 board plus some extras. Spent the day trimming the Red Ears off with my new BladeRunner a great tool for the job. My CW had a day of rest... I have been working 7 days a week for some time and enjoying life.

Here is a link to some pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Accou...=photos_stream

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03279_WEB.jpg   DSC03278_WEB.jpg  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast