Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Industrial Carving with the CW to make MONEY

Al, as Michael noted . . . it goes without saying that you make really professional products that are keeping First Responders safer. But let me say it again Sir, those are really polished and attractive components you are making and I am in awe each time I see them and your process. My compliments and thanks for all the ways you have taught us to do more and more with our CarveWrights.
    Fair winds,

Capt Bruce
    Kinney deSigns http://kinneydesigns.us
    CarveWright START U Team Member.

30 year USN SEABEE, the original Weapons of Mass Construction.
    Designer Ver 1.187 and 2.007, Ver.3.001 One 2009 B CW w ROCK and a 5th Year Anniversary C CW
    Rotary Jig, 2D and 3D, Tracing Probe, DFX and STL Importers

Thanks everyone, I could do it without the CW but with the CW it is faster and more accurate.... After pounding rivets all week adding a last minute extra level of durability to the boards, tomorrow is picture day for that $10K order and shipping is on Monday. The other 5 boards arrived in New Orleans and they love them....

I have learned much with the big slotted board project using the machine to cut the slots with a peek-a-boo sled. I am thinking that the sled I made with the sides might just be the shortcut to a Vacuum Carrier Board Jig... Used to hold the tags with vacuum and no tape since I don't want to use double sided tape in the future.

The Wood Components of the Accountability Boards came out GREAT..

And getting seen sometimes leads to new work.... I quoted some 11 x 23 inch Printed Sheet Plastic and Tags to a NOAA Ship in Norfolk. Some Power Distribution Schematics for a Inspection and some Safety Tags for Climbing Harnesses. The CW will be called into service making the custom sized tags if this flys...

Back to making TAGS this week as the orders have been building up...

Life is GOOD....

AL
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

Follow ME on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Accoun...50019051727074

www.PoconoDigitalWoodshop.com

www.AccountabilityTag.com

Picture Day....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03387_WEB.jpg   DSC03380_WEB.jpg   DSC03383_WEB.jpg   DSC03305_WEB.jpg  

DSC03401_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 10-19-2014 at 02:54 PM.
    Favorite Saying.... "It's ALL About the Brass Roller"..... And "Use MASKING TAPE" for board skipping in the X or breaking bits.

AL,

Butch recently made me a vacuum box to do plastic forming. With it's 4.5" height, it could work perfectly for your tags. We did that height so we could attach a vacuum using DC fittings. I used pegboard as the platform, but you could use ply and drill 2 or 3 holes below each tag placement. Hook up the vacuum after board measurement and away ya go (I am presuming here - don't have an answer for controlling the vac hose ). I sent you the Corel file that we used as a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by DianMayfield View Post
    AL,

Butch recently made me a vacuum box to do plastic forming. With it's 4.5" height, it could work perfectly for your tags. We did that height so we could attach a vacuum using DC fittings. I used pegboard as the platform, but you could use ply and drill 2 or 3 holes below each tag placement. Hook up the vacuum after board measurement and away ya go (I am presuming here - don't have an answer for controlling the vac hose ). I sent you the Corel file that we used as a pattern.
    O' that was you sending the Corel File.... I did not open it and didn't remember your email address.... I have had a few Ransomware Scares... I don't open very many attachments...

That is an interesting concept a box... I LIKE IT.... and the peg board.... I am still leaning toward the mushroom wood plugs with a piece of replaceable hardboard on top drilled with holes to match the size of tags. Having a insert for each tag size. I like the Vacuum Cleaner idea... On Sawmill Creek they have a Vacuum Hold Down thread that talks about the best vacuum cleaner as some will overheat and melt.... I have a Veneer Vacuum Pump and plan to wire the cover switch to stop the machine with a loss of vacuum. Found a switch on eBay.

And check out the Vacuum PUCKS thread...

Thanks !!!

AL

I was just talking to Butch about this, and your business. He recommends, if you were to do a vacuum box for your tags, that you also have a thin - very thin- layer of silicone or rubber between your tabs and the box. He thinks it will really help stop any minute shifting of the tags.

Oh... and I received your brushes from LHR - I will get them in the mail Monday! Thanks again for your invaluable assistance over the past month or two (and the years given to all of us)!!!

Great idea !!! Thanks !!! And glad the Brushes helped but the real cure was hubby fixing the motor connection... GOOD JOB !!!!

Pulled up the 2014 thread.... Shipping day today and with the 3 orders of tags I beat last year's order...

Got the 600 Lock Out, Tag Out tags on the way today.... You should have seen the look on my face at the post office when I had 3 Priority "C" Size Boxes and the Postmaster told me that I was 1.5 pounds OVERWEIGHT on each with 200 tags per box... The "C" has a 25 pound limit.... But in a PROFESSIONAL way suggested that the Size #7 would work... So I scrambled to repack and tape them up... Made it before the Truck showed up...

GREAT end of year.... And I could NOT have done it without the CW...

AL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC05474_WEB.jpg   DSC05348_WEB.jpg   DSC05440_WEB.jpg  
    Last edited by Digitalwoodshop; 01-10-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Al,
    The usual great job, I'm sure sure your going to save some firepersons lives! Happy New Year!
    Gary
    3D Pro Ver. 3.103 Build 14, STL & DXF Importer, Rotary, Conforming Vectors, Centerline- Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T6500 @ 2.10GHz 4GB Ram 64 bit Operating System using Windows 7

Al, impressive! Even the thought of just counting to 600 seems tedious, much less actually making that many tags!

Jon

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast