Thread: my first big carve

Default my first big carve

I have been wanting to do a hope chest for my wife for over a year I promised to make one for her... and heaven forbid if I don't..... I am wanting to do it 4 boards high and in two carves 14.5" x 48". This is just the front if I have it right I can do the sides it is my first big carve and would like to know if I did it right...All advice would be appreciated...THANK YOU
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hope chest top snip.PNG   hope chest bottom snip.PNG  

That looks great would it be possible for you to post it with the snap turned off so we can appreciate the total carving.
    Great job, but what do I know, I'm only a novice. What font did you use and where did you obtain it? Sorry, but I thought
    that the bottom of the chest which shows the drawers has your wife's name in a fancy font, maybe I'm seeing things. lol
    Last edited by Canemaker; 07-07-2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling error

I don't see any text...
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I'm letting you see the bottom of the carve I was given the top pattern by Eddie lamb if you want the pattern you will have to ask him to e-mail the pattern to you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The scene came from nicpic grayscale I just cleaned it up and added a border. Here it is.
    AOK, it will carve fine with the layout you have. Good work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horse scene.jpg  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Using Designer 1.187, STL importer, Center line, conforming vectors, scanning probe/PE, and the ROCK chuck.

Eddie

Thank you for the pattern and aokweld101 good luck on the chest. I am sure it will come out amazing. That's a great design. What type of wood are you using?