Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CW WW'er or WW'er with a CW

Hi John,
    You have asked some good questions. I got my first taste of working with wood in an 8th grade shop class (40 plus years ago). Didn't really pick it up again until I got married and bought our first house. I received a skill saw for Christmas and bought a small router and built a nightstand to match our bedroom set. Been hooked ever since. It's been over 30 years and while I still have a day job (CEO of an Engineering/Surveying company), I spend a lot of time in my shop and have built projects for customers all over the country. I added my first CW a few years ago as I saw it could really add a new dimension to my shop and it has. So much so, that I added my second CW late last year. I retire from my day job in about 18 months and will be moving my shop to a building I am re-working in my hometown in the west end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I will continue to do custom work, but think I will add a little retail and the CW is just the ticket to fill up a show room....
    John
    www.jdmwoodworks.com
    Facebook Page: click FB button on web page

Bessemer, MI (shop location)
    Lake Gogebic, MI (where I hang my hat)

"He who wants by the yard, but gives by the inch, should be kicked by the foot"...

John good luck in your new adventure! Sounds like it will be fun!

I've got into wood working with the purchase of the CW and have in joyed it for several years.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigtyme View Post
    Hi John,
    You have asked some good questions. I got my first taste of working with wood in an 8th grade shop class (40 plus years ago). Didn't really pick it up again until I got married and bought our first house. I received a skill saw for Christmas and bought a small router and built a nightstand to match our bedroom set. Been hooked ever since. It's been over 30 years and while I still have a day job (CEO of an Engineering/Surveying company), I spend a lot of time in my shop and have built projects for customers all over the country. I added my first CW a few years ago as I saw it could really add a new dimension to my shop and it has. So much so, that I added my second CW late last year. I retire from my day job in about 18 months and will be moving my shop to a building I am re-working in my hometown in the west end of Michigan's Upper Peninsula. I will continue to do custom work, but think I will add a little retail and the CW is just the ticket to fill up a show room....

Been doing furniture woodworking for well over 30 years as a hobby. Everyone of my kids and grandkids sleep in a bed I built. Civil engineer during the daytime working for the USAF to support this "hobby" that got out of control. Picked up my first CC back in 2007 but had nothing but trouble with it. Wanted to add some unique carves to the furniture I built but funny thing is I've never used it for that. Deployed to Afghanistan for a while and was out of the loop during that period. When I returned I bought a new CW and canabilized the old one for future parts. Have been having a great time as this machine runs fantastic, only wish it would take a wider board instead of having to glue up the carved pieces. Use it now to make signs and position myself to start my own sign shop.

Tracy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12