Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer 3.0 costs what?

Question: I am using 2.007, will I be open a MPC or PTN that are designed with 3.0?

Yep, I'm another that purchased the 2 in May. I do know that is the way it goes. I'm not good at designing yet and many of the free gifts being passed on by very kind folks were in the 2 design and those of us still in 1.187 were not able to download them. So, one of the reasons I saved for the 2. Now many projects will be in the 3 and the cycle repeats. Now I know if I am going to upgrade, wait till July of each year. I'll remember this time, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    Yep, I'm another that purchased the 2 in May. I do know that is the way it goes. I'm not good at designing yet and many of the free gifts being passed on by very kind folks were in the 2 design and those of us still in 1.187 were not able to download them. So, one of the reasons I saved for the 2. Now many projects will be in the 3 and the cycle repeats. Now I know if I am going to upgrade, wait till July of each year. I'll remember this time, I hope.
    I feel the same way , its to bad you have to pay $200 from 2 to 3 ,, to me it should be $100 if you are at 2 now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

I have no problem with being charged for a new Designer program. S/W development costs money and new features must be paid for. I am happy that LHR continues to build new features. MY PROBLEM if I understand this correctly is that all support for 2.xxx has been immediately and totally discontinued. Does this mean that as bugs are found in 2.xxx, and there will be, they will not be fixed? Even Microsoft is not that heartless. I get updates to Windows 7 frequently. When I purchase S/W I expect support for that S/W for a period of time even when a new version is available. If support for 2.xxx is withdrawn one can say you don't have to buy 3.xxx to get the new features BUT if new bugs are found in 2.xxx making it inoperable for included features that have been bought and paid for, one is, by default, FORCED to upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    I feel the same way , its to bad you have to pay $200 from 2 to 3 ,, to me it should be $100 if you are at 2 now
    I agree…..looks like i will bite the bullet and move forward since any upgrades or improvements will be done to 3.0 even though I may not use any of the new features enough to offset the cost.

Brent

I usually stay out of this, but, if you don't want to pay then don't pay. I thought the forum was here to help us all, not fuss about lhr. I'm pretty sure the guy who sat and developed designer 3 has to go home and feed his kids. If they didn't develop this new version you would still be where you are at right now. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of fussing via a keyboard. Even though I'm doing it now. Many thanks to lhr for taking my business to an all new level. If I buy it I will simply claim it on my taxes, and not moan and groan about it. And for all of you that are butthurt now by my comments feel free to pm me with your email and I will send you a Hurt Feelings Report. I use them for my young jarheads on a daily basis so I am quite familiar with it.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

I noticed that there were 4 complaints made with the BBB against LHR last year .. I think that is high for a small company ,, especially when most of us resolve problems rite here on the forum ... I bought my 2.0 6 weeks ago when it was known to the company that 3.0 would be coming out ... This is a poor business practice to sell me a product that they know is gonna be out dated in a couple weeks ... They could've suggested to me to wait a couple weeks that some changes were being made .. In my opinion we are a dedicated group and remain faithful to the CW/CC's in when they sometimes frustrate the crap outta us ... This alwayzzzz seemed to be a tite knit group alwayz willing to step in and help each other, make and create new devises for the machines and pass the info on to the Company and the group .. The company, once they knew that 3.0 was ready for release, should have drastically reduced the price of 2.0 so the new upgrade cost to 3.0 would be the same for all ... Instead I spent money at LHR for the 2.0 6 weeks ago ,,, and folks that didn't spend the money for LHR software get the benefit of paying a lower amount then we that have supported LHR ... Underhanded Business practice ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

RMarkey is offline Firmware Lord, Web Guru, IT King, Raccoon Catcher, Cable-repairer, Bucket Dumper, Undisputed Thumbs-Down Champion

Even Microsoft is not that heartless.
    Microsoft has thousands of software engineers. We have.... 2.

If a bug is critical enough it may be fixed on a previous version. Probably the only major thing that would cause a new "old" release is a complete incompatibility to a newer operating system.

Just bought it. I think it will pay for its self with the added textures alone.
    Brent

A,B machines, PE,probe,conforming vectors, centerline, 2d,3d,stl and dfx imprt, rotary , 3.xx, Pattern Sculptor
    OS X Yosemite

Woodwork is what I do to pay for my tool addiction.

Seriously, Kevin? We have an A+ rating on BBB and that is 4 complaints in the last 3 years. 3 were settled or dismissed.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast