Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Designer 3.0 costs what?

Quote Originally Posted by scootertrash View Post
    I like tater tots.

/My default reply to heated threads anywhere
    //And seriously, who doesn't like tater tots?
    That is a good point. I do enjoy tater tots. Sonics are pretty darn good. No ketchup required.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

Name brand tater tots are just too expensive. As soon as I splurge for the generic tater tots I go back and find the good ones on sale buy one get one free. I just can't win...

Is there a sonic nearby? A couple Chicago dogs loaded up with some tots...and one of their thousand milkshakes...can't go wrong.
    Custom Stadium Coin Racks for displaying Military Challenge Coins, GeoCoins and the like- http://www.etsy.com/shop/stadiumdisplays
    OR http://shop.ebay.com/stadiumdisplays...&_trksid=p4340

I like Tater Salad. Tater tots is too young!

If you have heard Ron White you will know what I mean. LOL

I will study it before I buy. I do like the chip carve capabilities. Very useful and much faster than raster carving.

Complaining hurts the heart and mind. The older I get the more valuable my heart is and the less my mind works!!
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    At times I believe 2 went on sale from $200 to $180 and in May went down to $170. That was when I had the funds and purchased 2. If I had known 3 was coming out a month later I would have waited and paid $300 for the upgrade. Now, it will have cost me an additional $200. I think that is what some are concerned about. Some of us just spent $170 and now have to spend another $200 for the 3 upgrade instead of being advised of an upcoming new feature that would have saved us a few bucks. But, as I said before, that is business for some companies.
    I am a re-loader and have a Dillon loader. This small company has a NO BS Warranty. My machine is over 20 years old and if a spring breaks I call Dillon and immediately a new spring is on the way and no cost to me which includes shipping. That company is making millions off its machines.
    I can sttest to the no BS warranty from Dillon. I broke a decapping pin (my fault) and they replaced it free anyway. Even sent me an extra pin. And this is from a company who's products are 100% American Made... (SmokinD, it was a Berdan that got me)

I have 5 machines and currently run 2.x and 1.187. I tend to procrastinate when it comes to doing the updates. When will be the last date which I can update my current software for free? I don't have any intentions of getting 3.0 anytime soon as it doesn't offer anything I need at this time.

The carvewrights in my shop add another dimension to the products I generate, but in the end they are just another tool among many. I am often amazed at the level of creativity that some of the users are able to come up with. That and the number of tech saavy people here is amazing.

That doesn't apply ... You can use the other CNC softwares on any other CNC ... And the software has everything you need in it ... The Designer software can only be used on your CW/CC machines... You can't used the software on any other CNC nor can it use any files from it on another CNC .. You can have your opinion,, But when your gonna roll out a new product advanced notice is a general rule of thumb in any business ... Should have been advertised as part of the conference announcements ... " Hey Come See The New 3.0 " ... Several dedicated CW/CC supporters were DUPED with what I still think was an under hand thing to do ...

Quote Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
    Well before this gets locked down, I just got 2.0 as well in May, but will wait until 4.0 comes out for my next designer up grade unless LHR runs a special for 2.0 owners to upgrade for $100 bucks (Gets LHR the $300 asking price in the long run). I would be all over it right now, but not going worry whether or not the do or they don't.

Just take it all in stride and hopefully no ones blows a head gasket over it. I am still learning/ getting caught up with all that 2.0 can do, once that is master the rest will be easy. I think I spent my money wisely for where I am at with my Carvewright machines.

I would just say this - Go out and look at the cost of other CNC software, let alone the cost of CNC machines. Carvewright is still the best bang for the buck with all that you can achieve with it.
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

That doesn't apply ... You can use the other CNC softwares on any other CNC ... And the software has everything you need in it ..
    I think I would choose Designer over " program x " as in my case " program x " dose not have " everything I need "

The Designer software can only be used on your CW/CC machines... You can't used the software on any other CNC nor can it use any files from it on another CNC
    I going to have to disagree on this one I am able to export a lot of cool stuff made in Designer into my large format CNC via a simple " STL pipeline" process.
    Last edited by liquidguitars; 07-07-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidguitars View Post
    I going to have to disagree on this one I am able to export a lot of cool stuff made in Designer into my large format CNC via a simple " STL pipeline" process.
    Very interested in that. Maybe this should be in its own thread, but can you explain how you do this?

This has my attention too.. Brandon, can you start a new thread with this process?

Thanks..
    Steve

Centerline
    Pattern Editor
    Conforming Vectors
    DXF Importer
    STL Importer
    2D Advanced Tools
    Designer 1.187, 2.007 and **NONE** on Mac OS 10.15.6 and Windows 10 via Parallels on Mac

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast