Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer 3.0 costs what?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Designer 3.0 costs what?

So I just bought designer 2.0 in May. Now I get a notice that designer 3.0 is out and it will cost me another $200 to upgrade to it. If I would have waited I could have jumped from basic designer to 3.0 for $300. This must be a mistake, why would designer 2.0 owners be penalized the extra $100?

Kipp
    Kipp

Quote Originally Posted by kyeakel View Post
    So I just bought designer 2.0 in May. Now I get a notice that designer 3.0 is out and it will cost me another $200 to upgrade to it. If I would have waited I could have jumped from basic designer to 3.0 for $300. This must be a mistake, why would designer 2.0 owners be penalized the extra $100?

Kipp
    Designer 2.0 was released in June of 2013. You do not have to purchase 3.0 right now. You can wait until May of 2015, if you wish, but we will most likely then introduce 4.0.

I have already heard everything from "I bought it last week" to "I bought it in January". I'm sorry, but the cost will remain the same no matter when it was purchased. You can call me and complain or post on here and complain, but that is the decision that my Customer Service reps and I will abide by. We will also abide by the rules of behavior on this forum or your post will be deleted. Other companies that come out with a new product have done the same thing, so this is nothing new.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

This is bogus !!! As 1 said a heads up that this was coming would-a been nice !! Another guy referred to the IPhone alwayz being upgraded ... He failed to mention all the updated software for the phone is free !!! Prior to 2.0 the designer updates were free .... Now it seems there's going to be an annual fee ... It's annoying that there is other software I wanted but passed recently to get 2.XXX ,, Only now to find out that it's outta date at 2 months old .... 2 Months ago 3.0 was well in the works and I could-a been given a heads up to wait a month or 2 ...
    Mans Quest for knowledge,,, means he'll always find a way !!

Yep, I'm another that purchased the 2 in May. I do know that is the way it goes. I'm not good at designing yet and many of the free gifts being passed on by very kind folks were in the 2 design and those of us still in 1.187 were not able to download them. So, one of the reasons I saved for the 2. Now many projects will be in the 3 and the cycle repeats. Now I know if I am going to upgrade, wait till July of each year. I'll remember this time, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoken D View Post
    Yep, I'm another that purchased the 2 in May. I do know that is the way it goes. I'm not good at designing yet and many of the free gifts being passed on by very kind folks were in the 2 design and those of us still in 1.187 were not able to download them. So, one of the reasons I saved for the 2. Now many projects will be in the 3 and the cycle repeats. Now I know if I am going to upgrade, wait till July of each year. I'll remember this time, I hope.
    I feel the same way , its to bad you have to pay $200 from 2 to 3 ,, to me it should be $100 if you are at 2 now
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Quote Originally Posted by henry1 View Post
    I feel the same way , its to bad you have to pay $200 from 2 to 3 ,, to me it should be $100 if you are at 2 now
    I agree…..looks like i will bite the bullet and move forward since any upgrades or improvements will be done to 3.0 even though I may not use any of the new features enough to offset the cost.

Brent

I bought the Ver 2.xx software less than 90 days ago... If they had told me a Ver. 3.xx was going to be released I would have waited to purchase. Contacted LHR about the upgrade to Ver 3.xx here is the e-mail chain:

--- My Original e-mail to LHR ---

Gentlemen:

On 03/28/14 I purchased an upgrade from Project Designer Ver. 1.xx to Version 2.xx. Now, approximately 90 days later, I find out that Version 3.xx is available for an additional $200 dollars. If I had known Ver. 3.xx was in the works, I would have waited to upgrade, saving myself $100 in the process.

I believe that due to the relatively short period between my purchase of Ver 2.xx and the release of Ver. 3.xx, I should be offered the upgrade at a substantial discount.

Thank you for your attention and consideration in this matter.

--- Response Received from LHR ---

Mr. Pepper,

I understand that you just bought your 2.0 upgrade this last March. The 3.0 was released with our conference this last week, just as 2.0 was released in June of 2013.
    The upgrade price is $200, whenever you choose to upgrade. You do not need to buy the 3.0 upgrade right now, if you decide not to do so.

Connie

--- My Response to LHR ---

Gentlemen:

So, in other words, you are not going to offer to discount the upgrade price in spite of the fact that I just purchased an upgrade less than 90 days ago? I could have waited 90 days and saved myself $100.00.

upgrade from version 1.xx to 3.xx = $300
    upgrade from version 1.xx to 2.xx = $200 (on 3/28/14) + upgrade from 2.xx to 3.xx =$200, total of $400.00

I really think you should reconsider your policy on this. You are probably going to lose valued customers over this.

I have no problem with being charged for a new Designer program. S/W development costs money and new features must be paid for. I am happy that LHR continues to build new features. MY PROBLEM if I understand this correctly is that all support for 2.xxx has been immediately and totally discontinued. Does this mean that as bugs are found in 2.xxx, and there will be, they will not be fixed? Even Microsoft is not that heartless. I get updates to Windows 7 frequently. When I purchase S/W I expect support for that S/W for a period of time even when a new version is available. If support for 2.xxx is withdrawn one can say you don't have to buy 3.xxx to get the new features BUT if new bugs are found in 2.xxx making it inoperable for included features that have been bought and paid for, one is, by default, FORCED to upgrade.

I wouldnt look at it as being "penalized". It is technology and any technology worth owning is always going to be changing and evolving. Consider the Apple I phones. Just when you think you know how to operate the version you have, they are coming out with the newest version. As Connie said...This is nothing new. It is the price you pay for technology.

I still love playing my old Atari video games...Why should I be penalized and have to pay $400.00 for a new fancy X Box machine? Its technology man....We have to learn to live with it!!

One other point Id like to make...just my 2 cents....How much of the Designer 2 version have you mastered? Have you mastered every aspect of the Designer 2 version? What is it about the Designer 3 that you cant get by without for a while? I wouldnt worry too much about it until you have absolute mastery of the version you have. That's why it is a "building block" buying system. You start with what you need and what you can work with. As you become more proficient you can then start looking at more advanced software add ons.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast