Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Designer 3.0 costs what?

Default Designer 3.0 costs what?

So I just bought designer 2.0 in May. Now I get a notice that designer 3.0 is out and it will cost me another $200 to upgrade to it. If I would have waited I could have jumped from basic designer to 3.0 for $300. This must be a mistake, why would designer 2.0 owners be penalized the extra $100?

Kipp
    Kipp

Quote Originally Posted by kyeakel View Post
    So I just bought designer 2.0 in May. Now I get a notice that designer 3.0 is out and it will cost me another $200 to upgrade to it. If I would have waited I could have jumped from basic designer to 3.0 for $300. This must be a mistake, why would designer 2.0 owners be penalized the extra $100?

Kipp
    Designer 2.0 was released in June of 2013. You do not have to purchase 3.0 right now. You can wait until May of 2015, if you wish, but we will most likely then introduce 4.0.

I have already heard everything from "I bought it last week" to "I bought it in January". I'm sorry, but the cost will remain the same no matter when it was purchased. You can call me and complain or post on here and complain, but that is the decision that my Customer Service reps and I will abide by. We will also abide by the rules of behavior on this forum or your post will be deleted. Other companies that come out with a new product have done the same thing, so this is nothing new.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

I wouldnt look at it as being "penalized". It is technology and any technology worth owning is always going to be changing and evolving. Consider the Apple I phones. Just when you think you know how to operate the version you have, they are coming out with the newest version. As Connie said...This is nothing new. It is the price you pay for technology.

I still love playing my old Atari video games...Why should I be penalized and have to pay $400.00 for a new fancy X Box machine? Its technology man....We have to learn to live with it!!

One other point Id like to make...just my 2 cents....How much of the Designer 2 version have you mastered? Have you mastered every aspect of the Designer 2 version? What is it about the Designer 3 that you cant get by without for a while? I wouldnt worry too much about it until you have absolute mastery of the version you have. That's why it is a "building block" buying system. You start with what you need and what you can work with. As you become more proficient you can then start looking at more advanced software add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by kyeakel View Post

Kipp
    If you recently purchased version 2, I can see why it may seem like being penalized. Designer 2 has been out for a year, and the price paid for it allows for the use of it's features. Those who didn't upgrade to version 2 will claim they are being penalized $100 as well for not upgrading to Designer 2. If you feel you haven't got your money's worth out of version 2 yet, wait to upgrade later in the year. There is no definite schedule to the release of software versions. We release when we have enough features for a release. It may work out to be 2 years before the next one, we don't know yet. We generally release something new at the users conference every year though. So it's more of a question of do you want to have the latest version now and try to sync up with our development cycle, or wait to upgrade later.

6. Default

Maybe a discount for those that purchased 2 within a month or two of the release of 3 might have taken some of the sting out of it. Or maybe a heads up that three was about to be released so they had the option of waiting if they choose? Just thinkin' out loud.

Another way that I look at... 2.xxx is all that I need I can do anything I want without having the 3.xxx, just because they offer it don't mean you have to buy it! I want to buy the rotary jig and software because I see some things that are worth getting it for ..If you don't need it than don't buy it..That is why they call it a add ons....

Terry. Then what about that person that bought 2.5 months ago. There will never be a satisfactory cut off date. It is what it is.
    CarveWright CX Packaged System - starting at $2000
    CarversClub 1 Year Subscription - $150.00/year
    Adv. Support w/out CC membership - $25.00/issue
    CarveWright Community Forum - PRICELESS!

So will 2.0 be free to all users now as was stated when 2.0 came out? One release back would stay free.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnfrwd View Post
    Terry. Then what about that person that bought 2.5 months ago. There will never be a satisfactory cut off date. It is what it is.
    do you need the DXF importer for it to work. for the update 3.0
    Henry

Every one has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast